Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » The Wonders of Modern Medicine (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Wonders of Modern Medicine
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nine, Sprechens Zie Einglish ?????

I have to learn German some day. My school used to have it, but cut it in favor of latin.
Mon prof de Francais est tres sympa. Elle ne donne pas les devoirs!

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, a pox on Flare for not having Chinese text support.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While I reject the idea that Latin should be ignored as a "dead" language, I have to object to the idea of dropping German in favor of it. Evidently they teach French. And you couldn't get away with not teaching Spanish these days. So, that's three languages that are Latin or Latin-derived. Do they have anything that's not?

(And, as an aside, there's no such thing as not having an accent. Unless you just don't speak a language at all.)

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, let me rephrase that. dan whitney puts on a fake SOUTHERN accent in order to play larry the cable guy. I think he is actually from nebraska, so he has a very midwestern accent.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Speaking of German, there is a kid in my English class from Austria who actually speaks better English than most people i know. I would love to meet a russian exchange student. "Excuse me, can you tell me where the nuclear wessels are?"

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Spanish teacher in high school angered me by not knowing how to use an apostrophe properly in English. It's not that complicated ffs. And his accent wasn't very good, and he taught me bad vocabulary that I'm *still* un-learning on occasion.

And in case anyone cares, it's spelled "Sprechen Sie englisch?" or in the informal "Sprichst du englisch?" Note the lowercase on "englisch" and the capital on "Sie." [Razz]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

[Razz]

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'you know there's a German version of that with faux English?

ATTENTION

This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equippment.
Fingergrabbing and pressing the cnoeppkes from the computers is
allowed for die experts only! So all the �lefthanders� stay away
and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working
intelligencies. Otherwise you will be out thrown and kicked
anderswhere! Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished
the blinkenlights.

And came across this while looking for the above text, updated for the Internet age:

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das Internet is nicht fuer gefingerclicken und giffengrabben. Ist easy
droppenpacket der routers und overloaden der backbone mit der spammen
und der me-tooen. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das
mausklicken sichtseeren keepen das bandwit-spewin hans in das pockets
muss; relaxen und watchen das cursorblinken.

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vo ist ein herrtoiletten?

and of course from Die Hard....

"Nicht schiessen! Nicht schiessen!"

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ticketen, mein herr.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mind translating those things? I = teh confused.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Sorry, I only Speak french, canadian, and english, and very little "english" english.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You say canadian, eh?

Sarnia provides such a nice chemical added hue to the sunrises.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Yeah, I can fit in with the canadians when I go to canadia. I fit in more up there than I do down here in where ever the hell i am.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's going on with the world? Jay died, Frank got hunky, Siggy got thin, Charles shaved. . . And Omey may soon be playing Hide Mr. Sausage!

<Sinclair>Nothing's the same anymore!</Sinclair>

I could probably stand to lose a pound or two. I don't eat a lot, but I work at a computer all day in a really boring business park in the middle of nowhere, going for a walk at lunchtime soon gets really tedious. I lost a fair bit of weight just running up and down the hill between the car park and the hospital when my wife had her surgery. I may just have to see if it's viable for me to cycle to work (it's doable, only a couple of miles, but the fact that I have to drop off & pick up my daughter from the childminder would be a problem; maybe if I got a child-seat for my bike, but I'd be scared of all the traffic with her onboard).

Not heard much from Aban recently. Or how Jeff R's doing with his weight issues.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps