Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » On the subject of chocolate (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: On the subject of chocolate
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOOh creme egg!

The 1st One speaketh words of wisdom there!

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have actually tried one of these chunky KitKats, and it's phenomenal! 8)

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd, I though that post didn't work. . .

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgiven. But treat me like a dog again and i'm putting you on my shit list.

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Top="over">Hey! I'm overly-sensitive and I resent that smear against dogs!</Top="over">

But seriously, folks, when I was stationed in Spokane Washington, there was a chain of restaurants called "The Onion" (excellent French onion soup, BTW -- drool-drool). One of the desserts was a Chocolate confection named "Death by Chocolate". It was the thermonuclear warhead of fatbombs (about 100Mt -- that's how much you gained if you ate the whole thing ).

It had a variety of Chocolate elements, including a Chocolate brownie base topped with Chocolate ice cream, Chocolate pudding, Chocolate whipped cream, Chocolate syrup and atop the whole mass, a Chocolate-covered cherry. It was garnished with bittersweet Chocolate shavings.

The servings were very large and it was very rich. I could never manage to finish one, and always had to request a "doggy bag". It took a couple of days to finish one unless you were a pig. I theorize it was the tri-ox compound of Chocolate, fulfilling one's Chocolate requirements for several days (occasionally a week or so) afterwards.

--Baloo

------------------
Don't call me a Yank.
I prefer to be referred to as a "Pull with a Sudden Movement".

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders if Chocolate Capps will make an appearance.*

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If brits have gentle palates, how can they withstand salt and vinegar crisps then? Something else must be going on here, maybe they just don't like REAL chocolate. BTW, this is a great flavour, I really love it. no, it's the Dutch who have gentle palates, we don't have salt and vinegar flavour here, so I'll have to make do with cheese-onion.

So you call it DARK chocolate? I didn't know that, I'll remember..

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mil chocolate-regual Kit Kat, Mars etc kind
Dark Chocolate-also called plain chocolate. Stronger, less, erm, milky
White Chocolate- Favourite! MilkyBars are on me! Not literally. Get off.

And don't dis Salt & Linekar crisps.
Or Prawn Cocktail
Or Worcester Sauce
Or Pickled Onion
Or any of the other flavous that make your breath stink.

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*had four Creme Eggs today*

Eat your chocolate hearts out... :-)

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand white choclate....but dark choccy, and milk choccy mmmmmm

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White chocolate is a sort of forbidden pleasure. One never could be seen buying it without being accused of being the "Milkybar Kid".

Prefer Plain Chocolate anyway.

------------------
An unborn scream burst in my stomach,
and spread like cold mercury through my chest.
I covered my face with my hands, but kept looking through my fingers.
"Write that down!", he told the stick.
"Is visibly destroyed, yet unable to turn away".

- Blue Jam

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*swings open door and yells*

CHOCOLATE SHELLS!!!!!!!!!

Guylian to be more precise - mmmmmmmmmmmm what a lovely confectionary chocolatey substance...

oh and Turkish Delight!!!!!!!!!

*does that Hanna-Babera cartoon dog who when gets the dog buscuit goes mmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmm mmmmm mm mmm mmmmmmmmm while floating down to the ground*

Andrew

Homer: "The only monster here is the gambling monster that has enslaved your mother, I call him GAMBLOR! and its time to snatch your mother from his NEON CLAWS!!!!!!!!"

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

[This message was edited by AndrewR on April 16, 1999.]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, Its Scooby Doo!!! And Scooby Snacks...

Scooby, Scooby Doo, looking for you...
Scooby, scooby Doo, where are you?

------------------
Jeff Raven - Having more fun than any human being should be allowed to have

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....or Muttley and medals......

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was actually a precursor to Muttley who did the Mmmm-Mmmm-Floating gag. I think he was a regular character on Quickdraw McGraw, but I am no longer certain. It's been over 30 years since I last saw that character.

--Baloo

------------------
Nobody's perfekt.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps