Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » On the subject of chocolate (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: On the subject of chocolate
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was a short horse thing if I remember. Tonto/Robin to Quick Draw McGraw's Lone Ranger/Batman.

I auditioned for the Milky Bar kid when I was young. Not having blond hair was a bit of a disadvantage, but i never let that sway me.

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff: IIRC, it's "Scooby-dooby-doo", not "Scooby, scooby doo". :-)

------------------
"I prefer much more diplomatic ways of pissing people off."
-a certain anonymous administrator

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such are the differences between Frank Sinatra and animated dogs that walk on their hind feet and know how to make sandwiches.

PsyLiam: You are thinking of Babalooey, QD-McG's sidekick. There was another character, a dog. Might not've been a Quickdraw character, though.

I'll try to look it up if it's still a burning question tomorrow, but I have other fish to fry (figuratively, anyhow).

--Baloo

------------------
How do I do it?
I have an advantage.
I remember how to open a dictionary.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nowadays these threads change subject more often than a Ronnie Corbett monologue. . . Smoking concludes with Dr. Pepper, chocolate with Quick-Draw McGraw. . .

Someone mentioned Turkish Delight. Well, the other day I saw an advert on TV for Fry's Turkish Delight, something I haven't seen in shops for years (but must be making a comeback). The thing was, they used the same advert they used in about 1981! It seriously freaked me out, sorta like a timewarp. . .

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

KINDER SURPRISE SUCKS!

(you know what I'm talking about?)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, RW, although, i've never eaten one but the ads here have the original European ads (which country??) dubbed over in English - to match the words really closely.

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But the toya are such fun! *notices the funny looks he's getting* Er - so they tell me. . . 8)

Actually, just before Easter someone at work wne to our local shop and bought one for everyone. I got the best toy, I might add! The others did, well, suck.

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

They're German. The Ferrero rocher commercials are much better (on the terrible scale, they rank "terrible" instead of "rock bottom")

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is Turkish Delight, anyway? The only references I've heard to it are in the TMBG song "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" (not theirs originally, though) and in one of C.S. Lewis' Narnia books (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, IIRC).

------------------
"...brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes..."
-Polonius to Queen Gertrude, Hamlet, act II, scene II

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*drool* Ferrero Rocher. Rather good confectionaries.

On a sort of related side note, news about a couple of weeks ago featured a truck carrying a tank which had been punctured, leaving a trail of ooze around a city. The cargo? Caramel, sweet caramel.

The Dangerous Chemicals Cleanup division of the local police force was dispatched to clean up the sweet mess, and they were sort of chuckling through the entire escapade, as they are used to dealing with flammable and toxic chemicals. And to top it off, the Dispatcher said that he has ordered several boxes of apples to be used in the cleanup.......

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*enters the thread again, to sway the topic towards sex since that seems to be what she's good at* ...

Caramel .. now there's a festive thing that has many, many purposes...........

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*whacks and unwraps a chocolate orange* ... I AM BLESSED! ....

*slowley eats a slice*

Is it POSSIBLE to get an orgasm from chocolate?!

------------------
There are people who one loves immediatly and forever. Just to know that you exist in the same world together is sufficient. Till I loved, I never lived - enough.

The First One
Member # 35

I dunno. Ask Marianne Faithfull. }B)

*suspects he's gonna have to explain that one*

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN! Your surely missing out on one of lifes little - scrumcities... mmmmmmmmmmmm

heh heh T. Delight - is basically a jelly like (red) ummmm jelly (as in the set type not jam - as you Americans call jam i.e. strawberry jam etc. jelly - hence Kramer's restaurant PPandJ's heh heh ANYway, it can come coated in a thin layer of chocolate - or dusted with icing sugar!?! (can someone help me out with that one) i think thats the more classic version - and also the one you would have seen in the Chronicles of Narnia television series - gee I loved that show (and of course the books) anyway - its scrummie - so go to a confectionary store and buy some you won't be dissapointed...

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The egg despising Orion Syndicate is back. The forums are still in one piece, there's a cause for celebration. Now I'll just clear this up, I love chocolate, but the cream in the Cadbury's creme eggs is just vile. Euughhhh!

That's it, from now on, the topic of Creme eggs is forbidden.

------------------
WARNING! This heamerroid cream should NOT be taken orally.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps