Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US attacks John Simpson! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: US attacks John Simpson!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wraith:
We also had a referendum in which the majority of those who voted voted for remaining in the UK.

Incorrect, actually. A majority voted for respecting the territory's place in the UK until such a time as a further referendum could be held. Apologies for the nixpicking, but if what you said were true then Herr Paisley would have been dancing in the streets instead of telling good Protestants to fear the coming Papist takeover.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So how many soldiers would you consider an acceptable trade per civilian, Tim? All of them? It's hardly as simple as you suggest."

The soldiers volunteered to potentially be killed.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tom: Oh, right. Know what you mean about Paisley. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So did the journalists.
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or at least a vigorous painful full-cavity court-marshal.

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
I'm all for twatting snipers with 88mm rounds, but, hello? High-rise building, two miles away? Anyone who pinpointed the location - "THAT building, that very specific one over there, WAY over there, thats the one!" could maybe have done with a reality check or two.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So did the journalists."

Not by the US.

The soldiers signed up for their jobs w/ the expectation that people would be actively trying to kill them. The journalists knew they might get caught by enemy fire, but they shouldn't have had any reason to think US soldiers would fire a tank directly at them because they thought there might have been a single person w/ a gun in their general vicinity.

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but the guy had a slingshot.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hush, don't tell anyone it wasn't even a writst rocket....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
The journalists knew they might get caught by enemy fire, but they shouldn't have had any reason to think US soldiers would fire a tank directly at them because they thought there might have been a single person w/ a gun in their general vicinity.

Or to think that a US pilot might have fired on them after mistaking their convoy for a single Iraqi tank.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

The convoy which called for the air-strike, no less.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. Good thing that Luke Skywalker wasn't trained by the US Military, or he'd have turned right around and blown up Yavin himself.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*chesthair curls at oversimplification*
"FROOMP!" Aagh!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What nonsense. Warzone = unhealthy place to be. Any "journalist" who can't figure that out is probably uncapable of feeding themselves, much less reporting on any actual news. I have zero sympathy.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

They still shouldn't expect to be shot at/blown up by US soldiers any more than other US soldiers should.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps