Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US attacks John Simpson! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: US attacks John Simpson!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Actually, it's been about 10% "yee-haw," about 30% "we're doing okay, but there's still a lot of pockets of resistance" and about 60% "it's all chaos and riots and looting" lately.

Bullshit.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course they'll try to underplay the effects of friendly fire.

It wouldn't look too good on Rummies CV.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. . . which he'll be needing soon.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope springs eternal.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
Actually, it's been about 10% "yee-haw," about 30% "we're doing okay, but there's still a lot of pockets of resistance" and about 60% "it's all chaos and riots and looting" lately.

Bullshit.
Well, I watch more than one news station, not whatever tripe you're listening to.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The aggressively pro-war CBC, no doubt.

I don't actually watch the news, because I am lazy, and because FX has two hours of Buffy on a day, so my viewing time (via video cassette) is all spoken for, but, going from newspaper webpages, I'd say I have seen very few mentions of "chaos in Iraq" that didn't also include "they're just blowing off steam" descriptions from the DoD.

Fortunately, it seems that some of the most impulsive post-Hussein snatch and grabs are over, but one worries about the future. And the past.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to take the Arab TVs 'the US has invaded Iraq, they are there to steal the oil', and the US TVs 'we are on plan and everything is great, other than they are blowing off steam', divide them evenly, and come up with 'we are on plan to steal their oil, but we do not want to rule your country'.

It all evens out in the end.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in a few months from now the chase for Saddam will be as completely forgotten like the chase for Bin Laden is today.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afghanistan yesterday, Iraq today, Syria tomorrow, Iran on Monday, scold Saudi Arabi on Tuesday, then take a few days off to relax and let the supply lines catch up.... Each helping us forget the last....

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
The aggressively pro-war CBC, no doubt.

Never heard of them.

As for "forgetting..."

well, we apparently haven't forgotten Abul Abbas, Mastermind of the Achille Lauro terrorist attack

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's proof that Saddam shelters terrorists (like Abu Nidal, now deceased). But many countries do.

--------------------
Meh

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

But perhaps a few more will start rethinking that policy.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps not.

Unless, of course, you're implying those countries can expect to be invaded shortly, which would REALLY undermine your Resolution 1441 stance.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Well, 1441 was for Iraq, the others will have something we can think of, or create, either way. Heck, if we start thinking like they do we can even hold breathing against them, or the holding of different religious values, points of view, whatever works really.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps