Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » So, um, where ARE these WMDs? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  35  36  37   
Author Topic: So, um, where ARE these WMDs?
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're missing the entire point.

Mindset or no mindset, it does not cast doubt on whether a person will fib. If you want to take mindsets into the equation, then you must remember that there ARE people who lie about their scandals.

Just because W is what you consider to be a true Christian does not mean that he will not lie.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What?

You assert that you can't claim christianity (no, wait, Christianity with a capital C) "because of how you grew up or who your parents were".

I challenge that assertion because you claim to be a Christian yourself, yet in all likelihood would NOT have been one, had you been raised in, say, a Buddhist family.

Comprende?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just because W is what you consider to be a true Christian does not mean that he will not lie.

Which is why I keep saying that I would still believe he lied if you could prove he had, which you can't. I'm just trusting him somewhat more than I would otherwise.

You assert that you can't claim christianity (no, wait, Christianity with a capital C) "because of how you grew up or who your parents were".

Which is true. You are or are not a Christian based on what you believe, not based on what your parents believed. This is all I have said.

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But what you believe is STRONGLY based on & influenced by what your parents believe(d), so your assertion would seem to be false anyway.

[ June 18, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: Cartmaniac ]

Omega
Member # 91

No, my statement is quite true. Your statement is a completely different statement whose truth value is not related to that of mine in any way.

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Also Iraq was under no idea that it was going to be attacked until the spring before last, so time restraints on getting this stuff out were very short.

Come on. I was seven when the gulf war ended, and even then I knew there'd be another one eventually. Saddam certainly knew the same thing. (Especially, going back to my pet whacko theory, if he specifically planted the information to start this war.)

Interesting, so your theory is that Hussain has know since the end of GWI that the US would invade again, so he has been removing his WMD capabilities. Funny a 7 y/o could figure out that he would have disarmed himself by now and therefore would not have the weapons capabilities, that would require another invasion, but the Bushies could not.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Omega
Member # 91

Funny a 7 y/o could figure out that he would have disarmed himself by now and therefore would not have the weapons capabilities

I'm rather sure I didn't say that.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post 
That is true. All he said was that he knew there would be another war with Saddam.
Nothing about WMD or disarming.

--------------------
Meh

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bush lie, no he wouldn't do that he's a good christian.

quote:
The president said some al Qaeda leaders had fled Afghanistan to Iraq and referred to one "very senior al Qaeda leader who received medical treatment in Baghdad this year." It was a reference to Abu Mussab Zarqawi, a Jordanian. U.S. intelligence already had concluded that Zarqawi was not an al Qaeda member but the leader of an unaffiliated terrorist group who occasionally associated with al Qaeda adherents, the sources said.

Seems he mostly uses lies of omission, but I guess a good christian would not call that lying.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Funny a 7 y/o could figure out that he would have disarmed himself by now and therefore would not have the weapons capabilities, that would require another invasion, but the Bushies could not.

This would be the same 7-year-old who would also have been smart enough to run to mommy (The UN) and say "Look, I cleaned my room up ALL BY MYSELF!" and drag her in by the arm so she could be proud of him.. and more importantly, so he wouldn't be grounded anymore and could go out and play.

Translation: If he got rid of them, where's the evidence of that? All he had to do to get the sanctions dropped and guarantee his safety was to produce verifiable evidence of destruction. Where, and How. As any 7-year old who's shoved his toys under the bed or into the closet when he's "cleaned his room" knows, absence of evidence does not equate with evidence of absence.

Conclusion: A 7-year-old couls ALSO see through that specious argument, Grocka.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Still, there remains the question of...if Saddam did not destroy his WMD, where are they?

Surely, the failure to find any WMD three months after the war started MUST be making some Bush supporters suspicious. So must the fact that no WMD were found near artillery outside Baghdad, no WMD were used on our troops, and no more alleged "chemical lab trailers" have turned up.

C'mon, people. Look at how Bush misled us. He's talked about al-Qaeda links, uranium rods, vast stockpiles of chemical and biological agents, and an advanced nuclear program. If he didn't lie to us, then WHERE ARE ALL OF THESE?

--------------------
Meh

Omega
Member # 91

We know for a fact that Sadaam had large quantities of materials used to make WMD in the nineties. Nobody challenges that. He could not account for their current location. So you're quite correct, the question is in fact one of where these materials are. I've already answered that. They've either been destroyed, they're in Iraq, or they're elsewhere. Since it seems less and less likely that they're in Iraq, and Sadaam would not destroy the materials without giving us proof, that leaves that we somehow accidentally destroyed those materials leaving absolutely no trace, or those materials have been moved out of Iraq. Under any circumstances, we know that Iraq did at one point in the not-too-distant past have the materials that Bush accused them of having, and we don't have any evidence that they were ever destroyed. This isn't that complex.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

No, it is not complex. We cannot destroy vast quantities of deadly chemical and biological weapons, and then have no trace of them ever being there. It's not feasible. Surely, by now, we would've found some trace of these weapons if we had bombed them.

And, as I say again, what about those al-Qaeda links, those uranium rods, and that advanced nuclear program? Surely, we have not found those, and there is evidence Bush lied (or, as some say, exaggerated) about those. And if it's bad intelligence, then we need to fire Tenet and give the CIA a major overhaul!

--------------------
Meh

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should also point out that the information published by the US/UK governments stated that Saddam could have chemical weapons deployed in 45 minutes. Doesn't exactly sound like something hidden that deeply, does it?
  This topic comprises 37 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  35  36  37   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps