Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » OMG The boycott works! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: OMG The boycott works!
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's not France; it's Chirac, as someone said here - he's a fruit-loop!
Compared to whom?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost everyone. Don't forget that doing anything naughty to the French flag is actually an arrestable crime in France. Chirac has managed to pass a law that even the most hardcore right wing US leader hasn't.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that they haven't tried.....
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chirac is no more or less a patriot than Bush is.
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, you're just peeved because he (the French people, WHOEVER) got in the way of your agenda. Big deal, thats freedom of experssion. Get over it.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daryus Aden:
Look, you're just peeved because he (the French people, WHOEVER) got in the way of your agenda. Big deal, thats freedom of experssion. Get over it.

If that's true, then so is reacting to it in any non-military way we choose. Including not buying their crummy wine, or having a "Royale with cheese"

(HEY! Talk about changing the names of your food!!)

Of course, that whole "freedom of experssion" thing is a First Amendment thing. I don't know that France has one of those (not having studied the French Constitution) -- but they certainly have less, with the passage of those laws.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Including not buying their crummy wine"

Indeed. I don't think there is a law against poor taste.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
The previous announcement was made possible by your Total Shite Network.

Try this for positions. And I'm not even boycotting the weasels.

boycotters: We think the French are abusing their position on the Security Council to hold on to their oil interests in Iraq, continued to sell weapons to Iraq, are unwilling to take ANY measures to bring about positive change in the Middle East, are willing to endanger others to maintain their power base, are willing to threaten other countries who disagree with them, are hypocritically involving themselves militarily in the Ivory Coast, are jerks for trying to control a defense organization whose military arm they pulled out of, and should finally be given a taste of their own arrogance and smugness that we've had to put up with for the last several decades.

Oooh! I like this one! Pretty darned kewel statement and something I totally agree with. [Big Grin]
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Including not buying their crummy wine
Yeah, putting corks on their bottles instead of perfectly good screw-caps!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry. I should point out that I don't LIKE wine. I've had many different varieties, including some rather expensive French wines, and the expensive French kind is no less crummy than the kind they make up in the Laurel Highlands in PA.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Firsty, you're not that wrong.French wine isn't the best. The best wines are made in South & Eastern Australia, California, Spain and South Africa. French, Italian etc wines are a bit futher down the list.

Of course that doesn't excuse the fact that the boycot is a bunch of gobshite.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
If that's true, then so is reacting to it in any non-military way we choose. Including not buying their crummy wine, or having a "Royale with cheese"

(HEY! Talk about changing the names of your food!!)

Ooh, look at Mr "I have a 168 IQ" and marvel at his ability to watch Tarantino movies. MARVEL!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The quality of wine varies so widely, I hesitate to say that one country's wine is better than another. I do know I'd sooner drink a Cotes du Rhone than anything else, and am fond of a nice chilled Vouvray. But apart from that, I'm not a massive fan of French wine any more than I am of any other country.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends on the occasion really. But France is and always has been very good at winemaking.
Chile is good too.

But comparison can (at most) be made btw different vineyards and even then it depends on the current harvest.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps