Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » OMG The boycott works! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: OMG The boycott works!
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, I'm just going by the general results from the big wine tasting comps etc.

It all comes down to personal taste anyway.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fine. So we're all agreed that French wine is no less crummy than any other country's, unless you don't like wine in which case (no pun intended) all wine is crummy.

Which begs the question: what, then, is the tipple of choice in the Farquar household? How does Rob wet his whistle? When Firsty is thirsty, what does he knock back? Were I ever to pop round for a bevvy chez Farquad - and stranger things have happened - what would we be quaffing?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blood of his enemies, I expect.
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like about the 9only thing left for France is to declare war on the USA, surrender, and apply for aid.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:

Which begs the question: what, then, is the tipple of choice in the Farquar household? How does Rob wet his whistle? When Firsty is thirsty, what does he knock back? Were I ever to pop round for a bevvy chez Farquad - and stranger things have happened - what would we be quaffing?

Most likely, iced tea. Luzianne, Lipton, maybe Giant Eagle if I'm strapped for cash. Or chilled water.

Far more disconcerting would be the way in which my empty beverage container is simply placed in the sink, while my guest's is removed by a hostess wearing thick gloves, and placed in a box for a clandestine nighttime burial somewhere far out in the country.

But by then, they're usually beyond noticing. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
The blood of his enemies, I expect.

Very rarely. Vitae is too rich, and the measures needed to preserve it too cumbersome. Worse, given the sick, depraved lifestyles in which my enemies tend to engage, there would be considerable risk of disease. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee is swarming with STDs now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To drink out of?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, that's what happens when someone is so busy trying to be a smart alec that they haven't noticed that you've edited your post.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering why Sol would be questioning drinking out of Lee's STDs, but then again, this is Flare.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funnily enough, I did once go to a sexual health clinic. Turned out to be a simple urinary infection, totally untransmissible - I'd just been having too much sex, that's all. 8)

So Rob drinks iced tea. But is it alcoholic iced tea? Are we actually being told you don't drink?! That's just not normal. I mean, are you telling us that when you get together for your litle Masonic get-togethers, to do whatever it is Masons do (plan Steve Guttenberg's return to stardom?), they're totally dry affairs? I'm not sure what is scarier, a sober secret society or one that's three sheets to the wind.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Masonic functions (at least, the official ones, and meetings) are dry. There's a bit of Masonic Law about not suffering "irregular indulgences" which seems to extend to drinking.

Banquets and such, that's a different story.

No, I don't drink, at all... anymore. I drank fairly regularly in my last year of college, and in grad school, but I quit alcohol, let me see... more than six years ago, for various and sundry reasons, the two most important being a family history of alcohol abuse (two grandparents and an aunt were alcoholics), and my suspicion that I was heading in that direction myself. So I went teetotal. Actually, I'm fairly certain that I'd mentioned that before.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Irregular indulgences"? Either you mean you're required to keep a fiber-healthy diet, or you're only allowed to indulge in things if you do it constantly...
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering also, are the banquets scheduled regularly?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

I suppose by that definition, maintaining an ongoing heroin addiction would be no problem. 8)

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Feh. These words meant different things, 300+ years ago.

For instance, used to be that "artificial" meant something completely different from its current meaning of "fake," : "made with great skill and talent"

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps