Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » USS Liberty (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: USS Liberty
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's over here... Ooooh, wait. No, is that it? Maybe over there there. Anyway it's gotta be around here somewhere.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, it was taking up valuable posting space, so we threw it away.....

Israel has it's own problems, just like everyother nation. I wouldn't doubt that there is corruption at various levels of their government too, unless they really are special.....

Although they do have a habit of being penny pinching misers there.... ((This was the racist part that had to be added....))

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also have a problem killing civilians when they target terrorists.

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Civillians are just terrorists without training.
Kill 'em all, I say!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If you come across two people, and one takes a gun and shoots the second person, you don't need the first person's motive to get a conviction, despite what your legal education of "Law & Order" might claim. In this case, one doesn't need to know what the Israelis might have been attempting to gain by the attack on the Liberty - that they attacked a clearly marked US warship which did not look anything like a hostile ship is evidence enough
You do, however, have to prove either intention to commit the crime or recklessness as to whether the crime was committed.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would submit the USS Liberty in as evidence that an attack did occur, which being unprovoked, is a crime....

--------------------

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, a good working point. Mayhaps you'all should start there and go up, instead of arguing about the end conclusions.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Motive was they didn't want their communications overheard, even by the US, which is what the ship was there to do, along with Egypt and Syria. So regardless of whether or not it is need there it is.

Israel couldn't ask the US to not listen to their secret messagess about their up coming offensive, so, what to do about that ship....

Well, since they are Israelis, and attacking is a normal part of life, and getting attacked too, they do what seems to come natural. I forget how many fly overs there were, several anyway, and the huge US flag pretty much identified it, plus the silohoutte (or what ever), should have been recognizable as a US ship. (Let us not debate the ability of nations to us this method of IDing ships, aircraft, or vehicles.) On the IDing part I would imagine, that considering that they were about to go on the offensive, they would know where all Arab nation equipment was, ships, aircraft, and vehicles.

If they meant to destroy the ship, they failed, if they meant to scare it away they were over zealous, but the end result was that there was no one around that could discover the offensive before it happened.

Hence, this was an attack with a well reasoned motive, although the level of the use of force can be argued, but we would need to find out what exactly the orders that were given were.

Motive, ability, and a body, all the things Hollywood says are need for a conviction....

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think there's a Vast Zionist Conspiracy anywhere... all you need is a really powerful lobby in Washington. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I prefer a comfortable one, if I am to be waiting for any length of time....

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Lets all go to the lobby....and have ourselves some snacks!"

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps