Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » More evidence Kyoto Science was flawed (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: More evidence Kyoto Science was flawed
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tk, no, I didn't mean SARS and its ilk, just all the stuff on TV trying to sell more drugs. It is the main reason I don't watch TV, everybody has got something wrong with them, and they have the pill/ointment for it....

If it as bad as they say, yes, a couple of hundred trillion sand bags are going to be needed, but I am sure that there is an action plan for that somewhere.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helloooo, Otisburg(h?).
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost on me..... [Confused]

And these days a lot is...

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten, there are a lot of people suffering from a lot of things everywhere.
What the has that got to do with nations trying to work together for the sake of the planet?

"If it as bad as they say, yes, a couple of hundred trillion sand bags are going to be needed, but I am sure that there is an action plan for that somewhere."

No action plan, if nature decide it wants to widen its girth a bit at the cost of breathable air, habitable temperatures, a working ozone layer and eatable food, there's fuck all we can do except proclaim anarchy, get a mohican hairstyle and build a really good V12-roadster.

What some people are trying to do is to convince mother nature to put the pin back in and give us at least 10-20 generations more to shape up.

In 9 out of 10 scenarios it's better to take too many precautions than too few, it pays in retrospect.
There are also those who stand to lose from taking those precautions, at least at this point, and those persons want to convince everyone this is that 10:th scenario, in fact they've made it their life goal.

We had this discussion in my philosophy class last week, in the form of a hypothetical South Pole expedition in the early 1900's.
Do you know what over-optimism can do to a expedition crew bound for the south pole, Ritten?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

I would imagine it would be a chilling experience, something that I do believe has happened to some.

In the past, say billion years, as the earth's atmosphere changed that drastically in a short period of time? Barring outside help, in which case all bets are off.

The blink of the geological eye is but a mere eon to us. So I can see where there wouldn't be time to do anything.

My other remarks only hang by the tenous thread that there are other 'scientists' doing other things that still signal our doom, that we are all going to die or be miserable from one thing or another.

My bitch is that if they used 'selective' data for there reports for this accord. Don't they feel that their information, as a whole, could have brought about the same conclusion?

If this is okay, that selective data was used, then we are at a stalemate, and, if selective data is acceptable, people lose their right to bitch about another popular subject here, namely, Iraq!!!!

Is being lied to okay, if the results are good???

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just watched this week's Nova and they were describing the likelyhood of earth's magnetic field inverting withing this century.
Scary shit but it happens naturally every 700,000 years or so.
bad side: about a million more cases of cancer every year from more cosmic wind getting through.
The good side: Aurora Boralis over the whole northern hemisphere year round.
Pretty if you're not on chemotherapy.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ikes! Well as long as The Core doesn't stop spinning, maybe most of us will be OK.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pass on that shit movie.
I'm SO glad I didint waste two hours of my relativly finite existance on that turd.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Dirk Armstrong: We will now demonstrate what will happen to this slimy mudball if you don't give us the Plot Device Construction Grant! Professor?
Prof. Besserwisser: Certainly. *holds up tennis ball pierced on pencil*
D.D.A: *blazes ball with ignited hairspray stream*
*still blazes*
*still blazes*
*blazes more*
*NSA agent shoots both scientists in the head to save what precious air is left in room*

Yeah, I loved that movie.

bX
Member # 419

Someone set Stanley Tucci up the bomb at the Earth's core. They had to chance to survive make their time.
Nim
Member # 205

Ritten: "Lost on me...And these days a lot is..."

You 'n me have to have a Hackman-marathon sometime, it would do you a lot of good.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps