Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Senior Project: of cameras and computers (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Senior Project: of cameras and computers
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*punches BX*

Oops, sorry. Curse this dyslexia!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owww. Dude, why the ear?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, I'm sorry. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when this thread was about cameras. [Frown]

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, sixteen pictures are taken each day, from six different positions. SO, six cameras. This will be a bit more expensive than I thought.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you use one camara with a wide-angle lense and a servo-mount. There is your engineering challange.

BTW your laser idea for the stentor line works. So take a bow. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Apparently, sixteen pictures are taken each day, from six different positions. SO, six cameras. This will be a bit more expensive than I thought.

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, another problem is that due to the layout of the seats in a semi-octagonal fashion, I'm still gonna need to move the camera to get head-on shots. I'm thinking of running a line transversely across the room and having the camera, servo-mount and mini-computer attached to that. It moves across the room, hanging down from the track, taking pictures at the right locations, and then moves back to its dock to recharge its batteries. I'd need some way to keep it from swinging, but that shouldn't be too hard.

And it WORKED!? You'll have to give me more details! When should I expect my payment? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

We have to wait for the lasers to arrive, but it worked on a small scale trial on a blown-film line running the same resin blend. Then it's just a matter of mounting them and installing the logic boxes.

Payment... Got 200meg of "hot wife" pictures here, where should I send them to? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Omega
Member # 91

You're going to send me pictures of your wife? Does Liz know this, and if so, how are you still alive? [Smile]

Just look me up if you ever open a plant in Nashville and need a computer dude. And name it after me or something. [Smile]

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

Will do.

Going to be down that way soon, going to visit Eastman Chemical in Kingsport this spring. Been having some trouble with them supplying crap resin to us, going to invoke our right as a customer to audit thier production line.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snark: Wouldn't it be easier just to give everyone some sort of scannable ID chip and then check them off as they come in? The forehead or hand are good places to put them, I hear.
Omega
Member # 91

That... may be the single funniest thing I've read here in quite some time. Thank you, Simon.

--------------------

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

Omega:

It works. Yahoo me for details.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have your little Canon mounted on a rail to move between the six postions.

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Member # 91

Contemplated that. Dr. O'Connor seems to think that that's rather, er, insane. Mainly because it'd be difficult to get it in the same position every time. I think that's fixable, though. The real catch is getting a 100' rail suspended 50' in the air.

--------------------

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps