Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Saddam got caught!!!?! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Saddam got caught!!!?!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THe US is guilty of poor judgment to say the least but we chose the lesser of two weavles.

It's pretty common knowledge that we've given Iraq aid and that Saddam used it murder his own people.
Be sure to point that same finger at all the major military powers and most of the minor players as well.
I'm sure that Iraq's weapons and munitions were made by all the NATO powers and definitely the former USSR and current Russia as well.
Suppling aid to creeps is morally shakey to be sure but Saddam chose to use them: mainly on his own people and his neighbors.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have one question: why is Saddam not being treated as a POW?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably because we never declared war, so they figure they can do whatever they want.

"We supported ... Iraq against Iran."

And, don't forget, Iran against Iraq at the same time.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Coke against Pepsi.
Saddam's not a POW exactly....he'd have a new classification: we never nabbed a country's leader before (well, Hirothito but we gave him a walk to hold Japan together).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"THe US is guilty of poor judgment to say the least but we chose the lesser of two weavles."

Some would argue that choosing between weevils at all is poor judgment in and of itself.

"Be sure to point that same finger at all the major military powers and most of the minor players as well."

Oh please. The US alone has more skeletons in its lockers than there are graves in Iraq. You're right, the European players don't have the moral high ground here, but most of those fingers will still be pointing at you.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weevils, it's spelled. Where was that joke from again?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See how they run. Like ants, after their anthill has been kicked over, they try to find some shelter, to make some 'good' come out of the damage that has been done to them.

They thought we'd never find Saddam.
They were wrong. Now they're terrified he might say something they don't want to hear, so they create this 'hope' that He'll instead talk about crap 20 years old.
They thought the tax cuts wouldn't help the economy.
Growth up 8.2%. Now they're terrified it'll continue.
And worse, they're terrified now that we might catch BinLaden, and make the whole trifecta, before 11/04.

It's fun to watch.

Enjoy.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh, somthing big will happen between now and then. Someone will strap a nuke to an oil-tanker and cook the gulf-coast, or there will be a massive flu outbreak that kills hundreds of thosands... Somthing.

Watch.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, are you saying that it will come up in the trial, the government will admit to it, and the people will forgive them?

I'm just asking a question. Yeah, we screwed up in the past. THIS TIME we did the right thing. What do you want us to do now? I'm honestly starting to think that should by some fluke I become president, the first thing I'd need to do is go to every major world leader and ask what I can do for them and their country. We've never admitted that we've done anything wrong, and that needs to be done. But we can't just say, "Please, sir, make us your bitch because we've been a bad boy." The question is always, what do we do NOW? Not how can you retaliate against us for yesterday, but how can we work together for tomorrow.

That said, I must agree with Rob. I mean, the Democrats are accusing Bush of having purposefully delayed the capture of Sadaam until it was politically helpful. Can anyone possibly take that seriously? They are desperate, and they need to stop being so obvious about it.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's Stupid Democrat tricks:

Jim McDermott D-Wash

quote:

Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., told a Seattle radio station Monday the U.S. military could have found Saddam "a long time ago if they wanted." Asked if he thought the weekend capture was timed to help Bush, McDermott chuckled and said: "Yeah. Oh, yeah."

The Democratic congressman went on to say, "There's too much by happenstance for it to be just a coincidental thing."

It's true, of course.
Madeline Albright knows.

We've also got BinLaden and about 1500 tons of WMD's we found in Iraq.

News of one will be released in July 04, just in time for the Democratic National Convention.

The other news will hit some time in October of that year.

First "just in time for the 'Democrat Camps' to open." of Two

[/sarcasm]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Weevils, it's spelled. Where was that joke from again?

Time immemorial, I expect. But recently revived in Master and Commander.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the one!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"See how they run. Like ants,
after their anthill has been kicked over,
they try to find some shelter,
to make some 'good' come out of the damage
that has been done to them."

But in the end...IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTE-E-E-ERRR!!!

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"There's too much by happenstance for it to be just a coincidental thing."

[Confused]

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not coincidental, is it? They have been looking for him for fucking months.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps