Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Saddam got caught!!!?! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Saddam got caught!!!?!
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't upset me that the era of unconditional support is over. It upsets me that the same people providing that unconditional support twenty years ago without so much as breaking a moral sweat over it are now the ones lecturing the world about righteousness and probity like they are the valiant holy guardians of human rights or something.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:
We usually didn't have to worry about a UK Prime Minister suddenly deciding to nerve-gas the Northern Irish.

I'm sure it crossed her mind a few times though!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those now near useless nuke in their subs could have a new purpose too....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Cartman said. It was all a lot more recent than, say, Japanese mistreatment of POWs during WW2, yet the Japanese government've barely apologised for that.

Regarding our nukes: it bugs me how little I, as your above-average citizen of the the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, actually know about them. What exactly do we have? Bombs, more than likely, but what about the missile warheads? As far as I know, all our missile deterrent is based on the subs (but are there any others?). Tipped on American missiles we can't fire without US permission. Where are they targetted? Are we talking ground or airburst, or both? Single or multiple warheads?

Now, I'm sure that all those same questions couldn't be fully answered by one of you above-average citizens of the United States. But you probably can find out more about yours than we can about ours. Hell, YOU can probably find out more about ours than we can.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, well, this answers some of that. . .

http://www.mod.uk/aboutus/keyfacts/factfiles/nuclear.htm

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so many Powers have subs in the arctic at all times, we should just just relocate the UN to a undersea base there.

Think of the Sealab jokes if nothing else!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
I was under the impression that the Madeleine Albright comment was a joke. Even Fox News is reporting that.

Inaccurate. Fox News is reporting that SHE says it was a joke... which is what you'd expect her to say once her comments were leaked to the press. The other people who were there say she didn't sound like she was joking to any of them.

The Fox story.

quote:
Albright was in the Fox News studio's green room waiting to appear on an evening program when she made the remark.

"She said, 'Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Usama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?'" said Fox News analyst and Roll Call executive editor Mort Kondracke. "She was not smiling."

Two makeup artists who prep the guests before their appearances also reported that Albright did not ask her question in a joking manner.

But that's okay, from Cynthia McKinney to Howard Dean, paranoia runs rampant in the Democratic party.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

So, if she said that Bin Laden was being cloned at Area 51 so terrorism could be spread to the Greys, but didint smile like a horse's ass when she said it, it would of course be true.
Because Madelene Allbright would confide in an editor and two makeup artists but not the Democratic Party.
Of course.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a different scenario. Democrats are already accusing Bush of purposefully delaying the capture of Sadaam Hussien, absurd as that is, completely seriously. Delaying the capture of bin Laden is the exact same concept, is it not? Cloning someone at Area 51, which everyone knows is only used for flight tests of alien spacecraft, is several orders of magnitude more absurd, and thus not a valid comparison.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a former Secretary of State told you something mildly bizarre, without laughing or smiling...

Knowing that the mildly bizarre is occasionally true...

Given McKinney, McDermott, and Dean's comments, among others, why would you NOT believe her?

Or is it just that Democrats have gotten in the habit of consistently saying things that they don't actually believe? I could buy that.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

She said: 'Do you suppose that the Bush administration has Usama bin Laden hidden away somewhere and will bring him out before the election?"
That sure doesnt sound like she's in the know at all, but it does sound like she's being a wise ass.
She should join Flare.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now, where did I put that "All Democrats Love Osama Bin Laden" t-shirt we get when we join the party. Ah, here it is, next to the "As A Democrat, I Oppose Mr. Bush So I (Heart) Terrorists" bumper sticker, also a free gift with party membership.

Boy, talk about inane conjecture.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Not all Democrats, Jay.

There is at least one sane one.

quote:

"He seems to believe if you are just against everything, that's enough. Against removing Saddam Hussein, against middle-class tax cuts, against knocking down the walls of protection around the world so we can sell more products made in America," Lieberman said. "Dr. Dean has become Dr. No."

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liberman is an idiot. Sorry, it had to be said.

But that, well, that's some trenchant political commentary you've got there from someone, running to the right to garner votes, trying to spin and gain on the front-runner.

[ December 18, 2003, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Eric Alterman, of the Altercation blog, writes:

quote:
Want more good news? Here�s our Quote of the Day: "Lots of people did not want to join the resistance because they did not want to be called Saddam supporters. But now all the people who oppose the Americans will join." That's from Ibrahim Mutlak, director of police patrols for SalahadinProvince, where Mr. Hussein's hometown, Tikrit, is located

--------------------
~ohn Adams

~Brad DeLong

~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps