Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I join the ranks of the SUV haters (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: I join the ranks of the SUV haters
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While there are diffrent grades of steel, I'll veer away from that for now.

My own car (Buick Century Limited) was in a small crash before I bought the car that resulted in the front bumper being bent in on the passenger side.
Ir also resulted in over $3,000 in damage to the forward wheel well of the SUV that cut of the previous owner (a friend o' mine) and frame damage as well.

So much for SUV's being safer than cars.

Thankfully, there was a cop eating his lunch outside that witnessed the whole thing and gave the SUV driver the ticket for running the stop sign (and they say cops are never around when you need them).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cars get cancer?
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three times the charm......

A Buick Rendezvous (another SUV) cut me off so closely on the expressway that I nearly lost control of the car and flipped over. Fortunately, I was able to regain control before anything else happened.

Horn didn't work again.

I don't get it.

With each increasing day, I am hating SUVs more. Never mind the drivers. It is the SUVs that make these damned drivers do these stupid things.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check your car for stickers that say "RUN ME OFF THE ROAD!" It might explain things.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe you should stay off the 401...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or become a better driver...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or take a bus. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can one be a bad driver by getting himself cut off all the time? It is not my fault that these numbskulls in Numbskullmobiles decide to cut in at the most opportune time.

Cartman: I may have to. I have yet to receive an adjusted insurance quote for the first accident. If it costs too much, then I may be forced to take the bus. Not good though as I am an onsite Technician, and a car is part of the job description.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I nearly caused an accident yesterday. And I normally consider myself to be a careful and respectable driver.
I was driving along a dual-carriageway in bad weather conditions (1 inch snow on the road, kind of slight snowish rain still coming down).
The car in front of me kept going slower and slower (even though the weather conditions were improving), so I gave a signal and went to overtake him.
What I didn't realise was that a large BMW came from behind, closing fast. Good thing a friend of mine was with me and noticed the BMW, so at the last second I managed to get back into my lane and avoid a crash. And I did check the mirror. I must have overlooked him. (Ok he should have had his headlights on in these conditions, but anyway.)

Now I could blame the driver of the BMW for driving too fast or for not having his headlights on, but the fact remains that it actually was MY fault for not noticing him earlier.

I'm just telling you this to show you that it might not always be the other one's fault. Why were these SUV drivers cutting you off anyway? Were you crawling on the fast lane?

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Saltah'na
Member # 33

The first two times were on the Fast lane, and I was driving a few points above the speed limit as traffic on the other lane. I would normally go ahead and go pass this other vehicle, but then said other vehicle cuts me off.

The third time I was driving at the speed limit on the far right lane. SUV on the left lane was going a little slower. I am about to pass him when he cuts me off.

It is not possible that I was at fault. I wasn't going like a speed demon nor a turtle. We're talking about normal everyday driving, unless that is not allowed anymore.

--------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well statistically, there is a bit of a problem. You're not exactly the only person driving in Toronto, and I don't believe our accident rates are particularly notable in N. America.
So either you're a magnet for bad drivers or you're doing something wrong.

On a more anecdotal note, where exactly on the 401 are you driving?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Now I could blame the driver of the BMW for driving too fast or for not having his headlights on..."

Well, you should, because it's mandatory to have your headlights on and reduce your speed in poor weather conditions. If you drive like your BMW friend did and someone doesn't see you and rams your car, you're at fault.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again.... I refer to my post concerning the circular Hazardous Driver emblem.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
"Now I could blame the driver of the BMW for driving too fast or for not having his headlights on..."

Well, you should, because it's mandatory to have your headlights on and reduce your speed in poor weather conditions. If you drive like your BMW friend did and someone doesn't see you and rams your car, you're at fault.

On the other hand, you should always look over your shoulder before you change lanes. It's called the "blind spot" for a reason.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So the Hummer driver lost control, and it's the 18-wheeler's fault? Say wha?
I didn't say it was EITHER of the 18-wheeler's fault (although the guy who went off the bridge was, from what anyone can tell, his fault). And I don't know what part of your anus you reached into to decide that it was.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps