Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Congress to criminalize p2p technology? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Congress to criminalize p2p technology?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They sure were: I saw an interview (some time back) with the singer and he was rolling in dough!

Just imagine what his producer made off one song!

I'm gonna go download everything I own just for spite's sake!

[Kahn voice] From Hell's heart, I download thee.... [/Kahn voice]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Limp Bizkit: Behin Blue Eyes. It's not like it says "we're out of material".

And of course they only kept the chorus, not the cool parts with "When my fist clenches, crack it open / before I use it and lose my cool
when I smile, tell me some bad news / before I laugh and act like a fool".

*sigh*

[Picard Voice]..And if his crotch had been a cannon, he'd have harpooned his prick upon it.[/Picard Voice]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best. Copytight laws. Ever.

They make sure that the heirs to the heirs to the heirs of Walt Disney will still be earning billions of dollars off every passing mention of Mickey Mouse for centuries to come.

They try their damnedest to make sure I have to pay out the ass for the privilege of hearing even a part of a song before deciding whether it was worth paying for.

And yet, if you want to make tons upon tons of money by defecating on someone else's creation and packaging it in a shiny wrapper, go for it. It's the American way.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to be fair, you can only do that if the makers of the original song(s) give you permission to rape their work, which I guess says more about them than it says about you.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
And yet, if you want to make tons upon tons of money by defecating on someone else's creation and packaging it in a shiny wrapper, go for it. It's the American way.

That's the EXACT feeling I have for the horrid "I Robot" movie coming out.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am constantly depressed whenever the "we've sampled a U2 song" monstrosity comes on the radio. Despressed, and angry.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Could be worse: I've heard a rap song sample the version of Jonny Cash's "I Walk The Line" that he performed with U2.

Kinda ripping off 2 songs at once.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, that renowned destroyer of cultures, the free and open exchange of ideas.

Warning, hyperbole:

I can't wait till we do something about this open source software, too. Did you know that anybody can write this stuff? There could be terrorists hiding right inside your Linux kernel and you'd never know it. Your neighborhood school crossing signals could be controlled by software written by Osama himself.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Turban?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
If only there was some sort of online store that sold CDs...

The point is a LOT of music is NOT available to purchase... anywhere.

Acreed, I like TV themes etc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Turban: coming soon to a suicide drive near you. B)
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I can't find Wall of Voodoo any where, since they stopped producing any of it I am shit out of luck....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, alternatively, very lucky indeed.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
There could be terrorists hiding right inside your Linux kernel and you'd never know it.

Since when have you ever used Linux? Eh?

--------------------

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the ruling was that so long as no profit is made by the distributers, it's perfectly legal.
Well. I'm distributing Mp3 files from my computer. Am I making profit from it? Not that I can see.

quote:
So far in 2004, Leahy has received $178,000 in campaign contributions from the entertainment industries -- the second-biggest source of donations to Leahy behind lawyers.
Oh. And it's so nice to know that the "You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours" analogy still works...
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps