Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Nostradamus vs. Kosovo, Part II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Nostradamus vs. Kosovo, Part II
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please continue. . . 8)
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Nostradamus couldn't predict the emergence of a world power such as the United States, then why should any of his other prophecies be taken seriously?

Serbia, Croatia, Kossovo (token references to the nominal topic).

--Baloo

------------------
If lawyera are disbarred and priests are defrocked,
are tree surgeons debarked and ecologists denatured?
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo:
He did.
He just didn't care about it that much.

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re:Nostradamus predicting America's emergence
Baloo, and all others, I quote to you from my mom's actual book (not the webpage) on Nostradamus with her permission:
This next quatrain tells of a Scottish luminary who will put the English into confusion when Mercury will be dominating. This occurred as predicted circa 1765.

5-93 Under the land of the round lunar globe
When Mercury will be dominating
The Isle of Scotland will produce a luminary
One who will put the English into confusion

The planet Mercury dominated in the sign of his rulership of Gemini, when Saturn moved into this sign on June 25 1765, and stayed there until August 26 1767. During this time period, England will experience a Scottish luminary who will throw them all into confusion, says Nostradamus. This certainly happened with the rise of the Scottish pirate John Paul Jones, who was the Father of the American Navy.

The following quatrain, although not dated in the body, belongs with the first one, telling of the day when the West would become free of the British Isles. Note that in the numbering of the quatrain, we are also given two digits of the year 1778, around which time these events were occurring in our history.

7-80 The West free of the British Isles
The recognized one will pass low, then high
Discontented sad rebel, Scottish corsairs
Then rebel to much more, and by a warm light

This next quatrain concerns the birth of the USA, on July 4, 1776. She is here referred to as the Elder sister of the Britannic Isle, and she will suceed in the Kingdom of Libra because her promises of equality and liberty to her people turn out to be true. The King maker Saturn moved into the sign of Libra on October 11, 1715, and stayed there until December 7,1776. Her brother, the Republic of France, was born in September of 1791. It was in this year, that the National Assembly presented their constitution to the monarch King Louis XVI, precicely 15 years later, just as the prophet foretold.

4-96 The elder sister of the British Isle
Will be born 15 years before her brother
Because of her promise being verified
She will succeed in the Kingdom of Libra

So there........*L*

First of Two:
BTW You put my mom into a wierd mood with your pointing-out of the "error" on her webpage. She may reply in the forums. *LOL*

[This message was edited by Coddman on May 15, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Paul Jones? Complete nonsense. Obviously the passage refers to the work of the Scottish philospher David Hume. In the time period you speak of, his work had saturated the minds of the entire world. Clearly he did far more to shake up English empiricism than a mere sailor.

Unless of course this, like the work of every other prophet, can mean whatever the reader wants it to.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--
Mayor Frank Hague, Jersey City

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

First of Two...
Mom: "That is not a factual error; it is a typo. I meant to say 360 degrees"

------------------
(Insert witty, attention-grabbing and extremely cool signature that inspires envy from all who see it Here.)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Sol System...
Mom: "No, he meant John Paul Jones. David Hume was not a pirate."

------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Under the land of the round lunar globe"

In other words, on Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto.

"When Mercury will be dominating"

Nowhere does it say which astrological sign Mercury will be in. Attributing it to Gemini is sheer speculation.

"The Isle of Scotland will produce a luminary"

This could be Monty. He's a pretty bright fellow. Monty, what's your sign?

"One who will put the English in confusion"

Pirates don't create confusion. The English, and everyone else, had an extremely simple and straightforward way of dealing with them. It makes far more sense if you assign an intellectual meaning to it. Or, again, it could be Monty. I'm sure he's confused our English members more then a few times.

Please explain how your second part can be proven to have any connection to the first one.

Also explain where the logic in claiming the United States to be older than Great Britain comes from.

------------------
"You hear about 'constitutional rights,' 'free speech,' and the 'free press.' Every time I hear these words I say to myself, 'That man is a Red!!...' You never hear a real American talk like that!"
--

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

Sol System...
Mom: "Lunar. Means. MOON. *Walks away, disgusted*"

*LOL*.....

------------------
listen.to/prophecies/
"Where were you on July 14th?" :)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

"It's not older than great britain, it's older than france. The republic of france was made into a republic after America" ~Mom

Look, I obviously errored in quoting my mom's book here. It refers to other sections of the book that I did not quote. Please disregard it

------------------
listen.to/prophecies/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Lunar means moon. Good, I'm glad you were paying attention. There are well over thirty such moons in our solar system. How do you know Nostradamus wasn't refering to a time 300 years from now?

If your quotes are wrong, why should we put any faith into any of these so called prophecies?

And just to clear up a misunderstanding...your reference:

"The elder sister of the British Isle
Will be born 15 years before her brother"

Either this statement is about the U.S. or it isn't. The United States is not older than Britain, no matter who this "brother" is.

------------------
--

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I'm responding to this. I mean, Nostrodumbus, give me a break!!! Astrology doesn't take into account the wobble in the Earths rotation.

------------------
INSURRECTION

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

OKAY, OKAY! ACK!
I guess I got what I asked for when posting here.
You just can't reason with a skeptic.
I am hereby not posting in this thread anymore.

*hears the childish victory cries from the skeptics* o_O Now kids, let's all be nice......*rolls eyes and PoOoFs*

------------------
listen.to/prophecies/

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All Sol's questions are valid. If you can't answer them, then maybe it's best you don't attempt to convert people to your rather unique religion.

------------------
"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things!" - Silent Bob

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh.
My.

Some people are willing to believe anything...*ROTFLMAO*

------------------
Here we go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Go, go, go! Al�, Al�, Al�!
Arribe va!! El mundo est� de pie!
Go, Go, Go!! Al�, Al�, Al�!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps