Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Nostradamus vs. Kosovo, Part II (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Nostradamus vs. Kosovo, Part II
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but can you heal household pets when you're angry?

------------------
I'm really easy to get along with once you people learn to worship me.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing is going to happen on July 14th. This is sheer superstition. The only thing that might happen on July 14th will be done by some crazy who things that something SHOULD be done on July 14th!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What one must realize is that there are probably at least 364 other people out there somewhere, each of whom believes "something" is going to happen on a different day.

Since "something" happens virtually every day, the chances of "something" falling on a day that someone has picked are quite large. But no greater than their happening on any other given day. A lunatic might set off a Nuke in Tehran tomorrow. An asteroid might hit New Jersey a week from now. Somebody might blow up a Wal-Mart on my birthday. There might be a large earthquake somewhere in mid July.
Something happens every day. The chances of something major happening on July 14 are no better than that of any other day. If I pick October 14th, I'm just as likely to find "something" happening on that day, as well.

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a lengthy and hugely amusing reply about my boring the english, then going west on my holidays, skipping over turnstiles "passing low and high" at the customs after being "recognised" (ooer!). Rebelling a bit, by finding a state where I'm not old enough to drink, and ordering a stiff whisky. Finally ending up rebellking even more by a warm light. (i.e. Pulling babes on the Beach in Miami in the hot hot sun!)

Alas, over the past two hours my computer has crashed, a guy has turned up to distarct me, the mouse has frozen, the server has collapsed and all three previous attempts were thus deleted before transmission. This is doubtless an omen!

Woe Woe and Thrice Woe!
For on July 14th....Agh! Calamity!
Monty will slip on a banana peel and bash his bum!
or
The forums will crash again!
or
Prince William is found doped up on coke in a lavvy in stringfellows - exclusive pics in the News of the world pages 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11 & 12!
or
Star Wars 1 flops in the UK. We can wish.

------------------
"You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak."

- Chris Morris, Brass Eye

The Excalibur
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for The Excalibur     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some who say we may have a taste of Y2K here as the fiscal year ends. As screwed up as this place is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised by that.

------------------
PARTURITION

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*curses to himself*
The Y2K bug would scarcely be noticed around my uni, the smegging machine's only logged me in once out of five atempts over the past two days.
Grrr!
*throws computer out of window to teach it some respect for its betters*

*thinks*

*goes and sits at next computer*
Maybe on July 14th I'll release my embryonic computer virus on the world, Bwahahaha!
I call it "Alterego", and it shall LASH OUT across the globe! All data shall be erased and replaced with my demented gibberings.

------------------
"You're wrong, and you're a grotesquely ugly freak."

- Chris Morris, Brass Eye

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps