Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Liberalism- by P.E. Trudeau (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Liberalism- by P.E. Trudeau
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, sure, I get it. Again, sorry it offended you.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really shouldn't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. Tahna became all wierded out because he thought you were calling him "a lazy-ass bum, who doesn't like the ant."

Well, obviously you weren't and he overreacted. It's not your fault he's overly sensitive.

It's quite unfortunate that the Internet doesn't have the ability to portray emotions or sarcasm, it'd help in situations like these.

If someone wants to be irrational, let them. Don't make apologies for something you didn't do.

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm sorry it offended him, in that I wish it hadn't. I'm not apologizing for actually saying it.

------------------
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
- "due South"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, what the hell was that about? As far as I can tell, "Educate, oh Omega" sounds sarcastic. If you wanted to ask him a question without sarcasm, you could have said something like "Could you explain that please?".

And maybe I'm being really, really dense, but I don't get this argument. How is calling someone a grasshopper an insult of such magnitude that it merits a "FUCK OFF!"? I mean, if he'd said, "no problem ,you small-penised goat humping dwarf", or something, then, yeah, shout back at him. But "grasshopper"? Not something I see wars starting over.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, in America, Grasshopper means a small-penised goat humping dwarf.

That's what you guys get with all your PCP's in the atmosphere. You were warned about horrible mutations...you were warned...

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that's CFCs in the atmosphere. PCP would be far more interesting, I suppose.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Gardening for Dummies is too intense." - Rick

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...that's PCBs, my fine cerulean robotic friend...

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Member # 239

I meant what I meant...

------------------
- Tiger Woods

Omega
Member # 91

One usually does...

------------------
- "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did no one here ever watch "Kung Fu" for goodness sakes?

------------------
Get going! And answer those phones, install the computer system, and rotate my office so the window faces the hills.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

Ah, THAT'S the movie I was thinking of!

------------------
- "due South"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: No, I'm not overly sensitive. I just had a horrible day. :P

Liam: Read this. That's why I got upset.

For some reason, Liberals, don't like the idea of a "voucher system" for schools. I don't know exactly why. Thus, there was an implication that compared Liberals to the so-called "grasshopper" in the above link, an implication that I REALLY didn't like.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited October 23, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an ant...
Not a grasshopper...

...a cockroach.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*smacks, kicks, bulldozes, stabs, fries, tars, crushes, suplexes, and drop kicks First*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not you, silly. ME.

Cockroaches (as a species, anyway) can survive ANYTHING.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps