Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Liberalism- by P.E. Trudeau (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Liberalism- by P.E. Trudeau
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They don't tend to get laid very often though.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They couldn't survive a supernova. They couldn't survive going to the club and using the toilet, only to walk back onto the dance floor with an entire roll of paper stuck to the bottom of their platform shoes. The other insects would say nothing at first, allowing the poor cockroach raver to gyrate around the floor like nothing was wrong. But then he would trip over the paper and the club would erupt into great shouts of laughter. He would never be able to show his face there again. And you know what? Alyssa Robinson, the hottest cockroach on the whole drill team and the object of your secret crush for three semesters was there!

No cockroach could survive that.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in that case, I'm even hardier than a cockroach.

Psst! According to my encyclopedia, Liam, cockroaches mate every 25 days or so. That's not too bad, but it's still a little less often than me on average right now.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe so, but I can't imagine it's very satisying sleeping with a cockroach.

So, who's worse off? Poor Sol failing to get off with Alyssa? Or me, for not having sex every 25 days. I think, with all honesty, I deserve the pity.

(Although if Sol was wearing platform shoes, he deserved it, frankly. Unless "Night fever" came on, in which case, he should have been a shoo in.)

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must report that that anecdote was not at all related to the love roller coaster that is my life. For instance, I have never been in a club, much less one populated by oversized anthropomorphic cockroaches. I went to a school dance when I was in eighth grade once, and I blew a chance to dance with a hot German girl several years later. That's about it.

Though I did see the object of my unhealthy fascination at the party featuring the German, and she was wearing a tiny bikini. The fascinating object (Or in this case, objects), that is, not the German. Who is now happily back in Germany, writing flowery letters to a friend of mine and asking about me. Though sadly, most of the flower is directed towards the friend.

But I'm not bitter.

------------------
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Psy's sig just got me thinking: before the Crucifixion, the crucufix wasn't a holy symbol, right? So I wonder how that worked? Did it all of a sudden turn holy, so all the vampires were like, "yow, fuck!" or did they spend a century or two being afraid of fishes?

------------------
"So put your hands down my pants and I'll bet you'll feel nuts"

- Bloodhound Gang

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

For that matter, why are Jewish vampires afraid of crosses (cf Willow in "Dopplegangerlan")? Shouldn't they be afriad of, er, burning bushes or something?

------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you know how hard it is t'make the Star of David with your fingers??

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if we go vy the Vampire: The Masquerade RPG understanding, then holy symbols are only effective against vampires if the person holding them has true faith in their power, regardless of the symbol or the faith, or the faith of the vampire.

Interestingly enough, this means that a true diehard trekkie could conceivably hold off a vampire with the Enterprise Arrowhead symbol.

I don't know WHAT an Atheist or Agnostic could use, though. A copy of "Origin of Species?" A plastic model of the human brain?

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Well, an atheist, having rejected religion, should probably reject superstition as well, and the vampire would be forced back by the atheist's disbelief in its existance.

------------------
--
E. E. Cummings

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to suggest a Darwin fish.

------------------
Read My Lips: NO NEW TEXANS!
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are bats scared of fish though? They bite the hands that feed them as it were.

You know, 'cause 'fish', is on, like a woman, and like Vampires, you know bite them.

FU-Q H4X0RZ RvL3z1

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps