Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Drug War -- is it working? (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Drug War -- is it working?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a lame conspiricy. They do that now.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw "Insider" last week. Damn fine custard, that was.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Yes, but I mean add a FATAL amount.

Drug user: *Snort!* *GAAK!! AHHHHkkkkkkkkkkhhhhhhh...*
Rest of us: *Chortle* Dumbass... that crap's DANGEROUS!

Oh, and of course they'll stop treating people who O.D.

Hey, wouldn't the first logical step after drug legalization be to sue the hell out of all the people that would produce it legally, because of all the hazardous effects of illegal drugs? If it worked against the tobacco companies...

Of course, Big Tobacco won't sent a couple of their boys 'round to pump a couple dozen rounds into you.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the State sued -- public health? -- I think the now legal drug makers would find it difficult to figure out who to shoot.

"Let's just do a drive-by on city hall."
"Ok."
::drive::
::Bang! Bang! Bang!::
"Damn, we killed all the reporters."

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Forum Member Who Shall Be Nameless. 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So, like alcohol content levels, where is this line being drawn, and why there?"

Unless the US has different laws, then the fact that your beer is weak piss compared to the rest of the world hasn't got anything to do with laws on alcohol content. You're just a bunch of big girls blouses, who don't need alcohol, because only sad pathetic people need drugs to enjoy life, and you have blueprints of the starship Enterprise, so you're cool, because you know exactly what deck Commander Wiliam Thomas Riker's quarters are on.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You still buy transformers.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but Transformers are cool.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I like the transformers also....

mmmmm, no, I haven't a clue which deck Riker's quarters are on... nor do I have any bluprints...
So I guess I need alcohol....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course, Big Tobacco won't sent a couple of their boys 'round to pump a couple dozen rounds into you."

Maybe not rounds of lead, no.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I collect Transformers for, er display purposes.

And I don't spend my free time arguing about what exact part of the Axalon Cheetor's quarters are on, and about how Beasts SUX! CARS RULEZ! And so on.

Besides, I never claimed to be cool. I do see my house from the outside occasionally. At night, too.

Besides, I am much cooler than you, because I have a friend who has a large penis. And, by association, that makes my penis all the larger.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I weep for this phase you are in. May this short-lived obsession with being generally displeasing be just that. I prey to a thousand Alan Shearers that you make it home safe. Be well, my brother.

------------------
"...screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!" - Omega.

Irony ensues.

Free Jeff K

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*apathy*

Being "cool" is irrelevant.

*apathy*

------------------
"Okashii na... namida ga nagareteru. Hitotsu mo kanashikunai no ni."
(That's funny... my tears are falling. And I'm not sad at all.) - Quatre Raberba Winner

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Being "uncool" is "cool"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Costs that are already being paid."

And therefore I should have to keep paying taxes to support turd brains who willingly endanger themselves and others? Tell you what, Sol - you go ahead and pay your hard earned money to your coke toking buddies. I, however, decline.

"It might be even more useful to look at the numbers of antidepressants that exist now as compared to ten years ago."

Um, I think you just proved the point you were attempting (poorly) to ascribe to me, namely that supply equals drug users. If more antidepressants exist today, and there are more antidepressant users, then by your own reasoning (and by a simple logical extension) expanding the supply of illicit drugs will equal more illicit drug users. And yes, more illicit drugs exist now than existed ten years ago, so sayeth my sheriff deputy colleague. I had not originally broach that point - you did. If you are going to attempt to argue a point, please be consistent at least.

The bottom line is that drug use is life abuse.

------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Pah. you may mock my displeasing attitude all you wantm but do not deny the power of Simon's trouser contents, and, by association, the power they infuse upon me. Bwahahahaha!

------------------
-Bubbles

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps