Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Read My Lips... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Read My Lips...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but that the rate of change of recent times isn't going at a natural speed."

Bullshit, there isn't enough recorded information in the world to prove that.

This annoying chatter because Bush changed his mind is nothing more than whining sour grapes. Get over it.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because he broke his campaign promise. Maybe you should just admit that?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.64 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with six eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JeffK: No, not really. I'm just pro-choice. On everything. I really honestly don't give a fuck anymore.

Sad, aren't I?

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll assume JR that you missed the key word of "postulations."

------------------
The negotiations have failed. Shoot him!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say that those 'postulations' aren't not in the majority, as you claim. After talking with many of geologists and climatologists here at UB, They have told me that

1. Yes, global warming is happening
2. It is not happening as fast as most people think.
3. It is inconclusive that humankind is having an effect.
4. Those who believe we are vs. Those who believe they aren't are split down the middle.

I gotta love it when the liberals get their panties in a bunch when Bush rightly changes his mind, but when Clinton lies, steals, and does some very illegal stuff, they look the other way.

------------------
"Goverment exists to serve, not to lead. We do not exist by its volition, it exists by ours. Bear that in mind when you insult your neighbors for refusing to bow before it." J. Richmond

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only person getting their panties in a bunch is you Jeff.

Jay's just pointing out that Bush did break that promise. Ya'll are having a hard time accepting that.

As for the other thing you bring up:

Bill Clinton admits to smoking some weed, and he's a dangerous drug dealer to the Conservatives.

Bush doesn't admit - but certainly doesn't deny "youthful indiscretions", but, hey, it's a-okay, because he's not a liberal.

Clinton skips the Vietnam War and protests it, and he's villified by Conservatives.

Bush skips the Vietnam War by pulling on his family ties to get himself into the National Guard, but then doesn't even fulfill his obligation there.

Bush drunk and drove -- but that doesn't matter, because Bill Clinton got a blow job and lied about it!

At least Clinton got into school on his grades and not the "legacy" system. What, you thought Dubya got into Harvard because of his grades??

Please.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 18, 2001).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Breaking a promise that could only do harm can only be good.

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that it was a promise to begin with.

*smacks JK*

Simply at the behast of the other Jeff.

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I may be Canadian and all, but how, exactly are mandatory emissions reductions at electrical power plants a bad thing? In straight-forward english, please. Remember, I'm foreign.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

LMAO I didn't mean literally! by the way, that is an awesome sig.

------------------

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

Magnus, the issue here isn't emissions as a whole, but CO2. Since many power companies emit CO2 as a necessary byproduct of producing power, it means that if there are 'mandatory' limitations of CO2, and therefore limitations on the energy produced. Also, instituting these limitations cost a lot of money, especially for CO2. Because there is no definite evidence that the amount of CO2 emitted by companies is affecting the environment in an adverse way, there should not be any need to limit its production.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Not that it was a promise to begin with.

Exactly why no one should believe "campaign promises" in the first place. Another good one is, "gays in the military" and "read my lips: no new taxes."

::pulls out katana and slices Omega's head off::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 18, 2001).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ignites lightspork*

*slices katana in half*

Exactly why no one should believe "campaign promises" in the first place.

Again, it wasn't a campaign promise. Your point is invalid. "It wasn't a promise, and that's why we shouldn't believe promises?" Non sequitor.

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, like most threads of late there is no actual debate here.

So I'm off to bury my head in the sand.

------------------
The negotiations have failed. Shoot him!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JR: Thanks for clearing that up.

Are there any numbers on the amount of CO2 produced by industrial faculties as compared to the numbers of naturally occuring CO2? Going from what I've seen, I'd like to see how little a dent any regulations would make in overall C02 production.

JK, Omega: Sure, JeffKardde may have said "Omega is right". However, in the same sentence, he also observed that "UM is right". With that in mind, take heed in the relevency of your sig.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 18, 2001).]

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps