Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Read My Lips... (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Read My Lips...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it was a seperate sentence. Same line, though.

Although, I could simply have been stating his political affiliation.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited March 18, 2001).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If that is the case, sir, I am offended. I am most certainly not.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I was mentioning Omega's political affiliation and your correctness factor

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with <i>seven</i> eps posted)
And homeschooling also turns you into a socially well-adjusted person, capable of talking to people without them wanting to ram a f***ing chair down your throat! - PsyLiam, 3/11/01

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good sir. Now laugh at the ECH, Dean Stockwell.

You might want to fix your signature. Your italics are not working.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Strange. They worked in the post before that ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with <i>seven</i> eps posted)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, maybe you could take this opportunity to "modify" it? (ie shave a few dozen lines from it, making it only half-gigantic? )

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or you could delete Omega's posts, thereby making it half annoying.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Nah. His posts speak for themselves.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is true...

------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the subject of sigs, I think you have to use UBB code now. I did.

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."
- Me to Antagonist on Red Quacker, 03/08/01 20:15

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, if he MEANT to say "monoxide" instead of "dioxide," and misspoke (hardly anything new in the annals of public speaking) OR if the paper is up to the standard of my local newspaper (The Herald-Standard, jokingly referred to in the nearby communities as the Herald Standardless, due to its copious and frequent spelling and grammar errors), perhaps he DID say "monoxide" and the person writing the text of the spech down wrote "dioxide," that would render this subject moot rather quickly, wouldn't it?

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

One would think, yes. Unfortunatly for us, the liberals and conservatives would just find something else to bitch at each other about.

------------------

Saltah'na
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Related Article

------------------
"Or maybe he was a real quack who got sick and tired of pissing people off, and decided to get a life and masterbate for the next 10 years."

Saltah'na
Member # 33

Here's another article that I found. The Irony of this is that it comes from the Globe and Mail, a semi-right-wing newspaper (Conrad Black thinks it is a far left paper just because it publishes occasional articles from left-wing people).

Is this the end of the Kyoto pact?

Friday, March 30, 2001

The United States is saying the 1997 Kyoto protocol on greenhouse-gas emission reductions is dead. The Americans are almost certainly big enough to kill it, which would send the global environmental movement into limbo on this issue.

It's possible that Washington's declaration that it has "no interest" in implementing Kyoto is a bold negotiating ploy by the Bush administration, which is miffed at Europe's refusal to go along with U.S.-led proposals to ease the pain of emission reductions.

The United States is unhappy that industrialized countries are carrying the burden of emissions cuts while developing nations are exempt. It wants recognition of "carbon sinks," to give credit to countries that maintain carbon-dioxide-absorbing forests. It supports a controversial system of emissions-credit trading, under which those who have reduced emissions below their targets can sell their excess reductions to others who are still polluting above target levels.

The U.S. is hinting that the Kyoto plan could be replaced by something it finds more palatable, but it also appears willing to pursue its own reduction initiatives and leave the rest of the world to sort itself out.

If it does choose to fly solo, it would knock the teeth out of Kyoto. The United States generates roughly a quarter of the world's greenhouse gases. The Kyoto protocol could be ratified without the U.S., but the absence of American reductions would turn the entire exercise into little more than a noble gesture.

While Canadian officials are saying all the right things about their commitment to Kyoto, the reality is that many of our leaders must be quietly hoping the U.S. has dealt a fatal blow to the agreement.

Under the protocol, Canada must reduce its greenhouse-gas emissions to 94 per cent of 1990 levels by 2010. Our country's emission levels now run about 13 per cent over the 1990 benchmark. Without the U.S. at the Kyoto bargaining table, Canada will have a much tougher time garnering support for carbon sinks and emissions trading, two proposals that could give it a fighting chance of reaching its targets. Canada would also find itself negotiating costly environmental programs at a time when its nearest competitor won't be bound to follow suit.

If Kyoto dies, about 15 years of international climate-change negotiations will die with it. A new deal would likely set the process back years, and would at best result in an even weaker agreement than Kyoto, which has already been criticized for being too weak to make a dent in global warming.

From the environmentalists' point of view, Kyoto seemed the best bet yet, a concrete chance to make a difference on a global scale. But the will, at least in North America, just isn't there yet. The environmental movement will have to decide whether to forge on with the international fight, or refocus its efforts on smaller battles.

------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps