Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I hereby dub Ariel Sharon an asshole. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I hereby dub Ariel Sharon an asshole.
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see. A terrorist operating in the name of Hamas, a mysterious organization that has never been stopped by conventional military means and has never supported Mideast peace, blows himself up and kills innocent people in a shopping mall in Central Israel. And Sharon sends in the F-16s to:

a)blow up the Palestinean Authority's government offices in Gaza. Not even police barracks, government offices. Trying the take out the elite Civil servant corps?

b)blow up a prison where the Palestineans had one of their own extremists locked up in an effort to assasinate said extremist. He escapes death, but innocent guards aren't so lucky.

Now, let's review why this is retarded and morally abhorrent:

• The Palestinean Authority is a legitimate government body recognised by Israel and the international community as per the Oslo Accords. It has absolutely no control over Hizbollah or Hamas or Islamic Jihad, which are independent terrorist factions operating largely out of Lebanon and Syria. And yet Sharon treats the P.A. as some sort of legitimate front for these organizations, a la Sinn Fein and the Provisional IRA. Attacking their government offices is sheer lunacy.

• It's hardly very professional for a military to operate in a tit-for-tat manner. If Sharon wants war against all Palestineans, let him declare it and fight and let the world pass judgement on him. Retaliation on an incident-by-incident basis is an infantile response that belongs in the world of gangland rivalries and not in international politics.

• Sharon is refusing to even consider The Mitchell Report, a US-led internationally-backed study that everybody except Sharon has said is worth a look. Kofi Annan wants Sharon to back the fuck off, and yet "the bulldozer" says he knows best.

• The prison attack is sheer shitheadedness. How were innocent casualties avoidable at all? And how much of a threat to Israel is someone locked up by his own people for being an obstacle to peace?

• By my count, terrorists and guerillas have been beaten by conventional military force a grand total of once, when the British cleaned the communist guerrillas out of Malaya in the fifties pretty effectively. While the Palestinean Authority can be destroyed by tanks and planes, Hamas never will. So Sharon attacks the people he can beat, who just happen to be the wrong ones. C'mon...

It's a sad fact of Middle East politics that terrorists will continue to strike against Israel for much the same reasons the Palestinean Authority fights politically. But lumping the two together for the sole purpose of giving the mob of Israeli public opinion a body count to compensate for the one that Palestineans inflict on them reflects poorly on people like Rabin who died for their belief that a political solution was the only way to stop the violence in the Holy Land.

------------------
    "And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
    -DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

• Malnurtured Snay
    Blogger
    Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    This is why it's a bad idea to elect a hawk. Especially when you're trying to work out a peace. All Sharon is going to do is inflame the situation -- methinks he could even drag the US and other nations into a war on Israel's behalf in the next few years ...

------------------
    Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
    Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
    "Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
    -Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
    Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
    "I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

First of Two
    Better than you
    Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Of course, the Israelis elected this "Hawk" AFTER the new intifada started.

This is why it's a bad idea, when you're finally getting some of what you've wanted, to attack your negotiating partner. But don't expect Hamas to learn that anytime soon. Peace isn't in their interest.

------------------
    The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Eclipse
    Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    In that part of the world, peace is unattainable. Remember that in these people's heads the word 'justice' equates to 'revenge'. Forgiveness is a foreign concept. We see the same thing in the Balkans, Ulster, and a dozen other places.

:: Shakes head is sadness at the efficacy of the 'faith' meme. ::

Saltah'na
    Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
    Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Well, look who STARTED this intifada.

Ah, such bitter irony.

------------------
    "Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to me whining 'Where is our funding'? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"
    - The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

First of Two
    Better than you
    Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Are you claiming Sharon started it? With his visit to the one historic site? He didn't. That's a fib. Actually, it started days earlier, when a Palestinian Authority guard shot his Israeli counterpart, with whom he'd been working, at point-blank range for no apparent reason.

------------------
    The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Nim
    The Aardvark asked for a dagger
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    It started thousands of years ago. The jews are a proud people, they have carried their "crosses" and been driven out of more countries than any other group.
    It has bound them together, and it will take a lot of work to make them ease up. Same goes for the muslims. But there's always hope, although Clinton had the ball and dropped it. I guess they weren't ready.

------------------
    "Babies haven't any hair;
    old men's heads are just as bare;
    between the cradle and the grave
    lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

MC Infinity
    Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Look, don't get me started on this, I'm a christian, but I beleive that the jews are totally right on this one, there is no way in hell that I see reason in the muslims messing with their land, they need to back the fuck off, or get smacked the fuck off the face of the earth, and dat's dat!

------------------
    It never stops, when my mama ask me will I change
    I tell her yeah, but it's clear I'll always be the same
    Until the end of time
    - Tupac Shakur, Untill the End of Time

Nim
    The Aardvark asked for a dagger
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    But the muslims were there before -45, weren't they?

------------------
    "Babies haven't any hair;
    old men's heads are just as bare;
    between the cradle and the grave
    lies a haircut and a shave."

Samuel Hoffenstein

MC Infinity
    Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Well wasn't that the jews homeland from ancient times?

------------------
    It never stops, when my mama ask me will I change
    I tell her yeah, but it's clear I'll always be the same
    Until the end of time
    - Tupac Shakur, Untill the End of Time

Curry Monster
    Somewhere in Australia
    Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    The finger can be squarely pointed at the lovely USA & the ever thoughtful UK who decided to arbitrarily create a nation in which to dump the Jews. If you'd put any forthought into it, this could have been avoided.

Israel is hardly innocent, of course.

------------------
    Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
    - DT.

Malnurtured Snay
    Blogger
    Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Actually, Infinity, the Palestinians had been there for CENTURIES before World War II. Wasn't exactly fair to scoop 'em up and kick 'em off their property for crimes committed by their ancestors millennia ago, was it now?

------------------
    Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
    Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
    "Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
    -Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
    Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
    "I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Eclipse
    Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Well, personally, I look forward to Israel completing its research on a bio-bomb designed to target Arabs only. The reason I look forward to it is that being both Semitic peoples, with 99% gene commonality, both the Jews and the Arabs would likely get wiped out by it.

Perhaps a viewing of "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield" is in order.

Shik
    Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
    Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Or perhaps a reading of Frank Zappa's book.

Aerosol pork grenades.

------------------
    "Boinky ensued, and a great time was had by all." --Book of Nigel, Chapter 4, verse 32

Mucus
    Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Of course....the US support of Israel, IS based on the fact that it was the Jewish homeland many millenia ago, and that its only proper to give it back to them now.

I of course support this assertation because by implication it ALSO means that we should also kick the Americans out of North America and give it back to the Native Americans.

------------------
    "The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps