Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I hereby dub Ariel Sharon an asshole. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: I hereby dub Ariel Sharon an asshole.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I don't give a rodent's behind about who is on what side and why, but Sharon clearly acted over-the-top. Yesterday, it was revealed that mister Ass did not even had approval of his full security counsil (he didn't even ask them!).
And I have the feeling that George Bush of the USA is not very eager to do ANYTHING on world-peace.

------------------
"You know, putting up a tent is like making love to a beautiful woman. You undo the zip, pop in your pole and slip into the old bag."
- Swiss Toni, The Fast Show (British comedy show)
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

[This message has been edited by Prakesh (edited May 21, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, you want us to play policeman to the world again? What good has that ever done us? If we act now, you'll only resent our 'interference' next week.

We're only one country. Maybe one of you OTHER global powers would like to step in. Yeah, let's hand this problem off to Canada. They're a grown-up country now, they can handle it.

Personally, I'm beginning to feel that this situation should be resolved in a similar manner to the way my dad resolved escalating fights between myself and my brother... and for just about the same reasons:

"I don't CARE who started it, I'm tired, and I WANT QUIET!!!!! Or I'm going to come up there and flatten the BOTH of you!" And he meant it. And we'd stop. Or he would.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited May 21, 2001).]

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, really, Mr Biblical Hunter.

Yours, Mr Bio-Bomb.

(Have A Nice Day)

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can honestly agree with First of Two in regard to the feuding children, and my only suggestion would be to turn the entire area into a parking lot. I don�t really want to debate the morality of this suggestion, but keep in mind this represents my feelings of utter helplessness in regard to solving a problem that is in my opinion unsolvable.

I don�t for see my countries fearless leader doing anything more complicated than tying his shoe for his entire stay in office, so can�t say that we are going to be any help in this regard. The Israeli and Palestine seem destine to continue their feud until hell freezes over, or one of the sides obliterate the other.

Holy pessimistic...excuse me I have to go watch something funny.
------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

[This message has been edited by bear (edited May 21, 2001).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They are STUPID and IGNORANT. Are they carrying out PEACEFUL
demonstrations? NO! Is the country in a very stable, peaceful state? NO!
Have people been killed during these violent protess? YES!

They have TV, they watch news, they read newspaper they know
people are dieing, and yet they can't figure out that it's dangerous to
throw rock at Isrealies offiers at a time like this?

Palestaineans ARE STUPID to provoke officers with GUNS. Palesaineans
are IGNORANT for letting their families go out and protess. Is it wrong to
shoot people, yes normally, in this case maybe, but f**king bitch about
it at home, write letters to U.N. , get interview by CNN and bitch some
more! But throw rocks at unhappy people with guns?

Christ, those students in Tiannamien Square were idiots, too, huh? Throwing rocks at soldiers with guns? Didn't they know that mass protest was an ineffective way of getting their point across? They deserved to be used to regrout the gaps between the paving stones!

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breath...Tom...breath

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if he choked till his head exploded, it would be much funnier.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the great problems with Fo2's isolationist policy regarding Isreal is that we are funding their ability to blow the crud out of their Palestinean problem. So it is well within our prerogative to have some sort of say in the matter.

I also believe that as a part of the community of nations...a responsibility that the conservative/isolationist side of the political question tries so hard to eliminate...we have a vested interest in making some sort of proactive move to help restore peace.

In that vein, I was glad to see Secretary of State Powell move to endorse the Mitchell Report as it calls on both sides to end violence. It is a move in the right direction. A call for the cessation of violence that the international community can get behind. It is also a rather marked improvement on the non-movement oriented and silent isolationist position taken thus far by the person in the White House.

------------------
I'll kill you, you bloated museum of treachery!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited May 22, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have an isolationist polict regarding Israel. I'm much more global-oriented than a lot of conservatives.

I was pointing out the essential hypocracy of those who insist the US take charge and take care of everything when things are bad, but whine about our "meddling, culture-dominating, agressive methods" when we do.

I mean, it's frustrating, having the same people shout "US OUT OF (your country of issue here)" who cried "THE US SHOULD STEP IN" ten minutes ago. These naive children can't recognize that they can't have it both ways. You can't invite the Giant in and then complain about the footprints.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tom:

I knew you were gonna bring that up, and you seriously believe two thing to be the same?

Palestanians protess are violent to begin with, and their goals are to distablize the country enough using terroist tactics so eventually they can be independent, which, I remind you, are already being slowly but steadily achieve by mutual cooperation from both side.

Tiaman square on the other hand, students are peaceful through out the whole deal, they were fired upon without provoking the military, dare to say the same about Palestainians? The protest are aim to create a greater stability in China by "PLEAING" the government to see their point of view, not "TERRORIZING" general public so that government will give in to their demands!

Do not equate riot and protest as the same thing!

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

[This message has been edited by BlueElectron (edited May 22, 2001).]

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and I want to add that Tiaman Square is a continuious event.

While Palestianean protests are not carry out continuious, and if they didn't learn the mistakes made by previous protesters who get shot for doing stupid things(like throwing stones, etc) and still insist on going out protesting with some more stones. Then get kill for all I care.

Stupid and ignorant people do not deserve my sympathy.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BlueElectron (edited May 22, 2001).]

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Bloody HELL!
Alright....a slight aside here.
If I see another "Palestanians" or "Palestaineans" or a "Isrealies" or a reference to a country named "Isreal."
I'm going to bloody SCREAM!
Its one thing arguing about the issues....but its hard to have a civil debate when every other line contains something that makes you wince at the sheer annoying spelling.
If you're going to say these words every other line...at least have the moral decency to spell them correctly.

For ****Reference****
The Israelis come from Israel
The Palestinians are the ones throwing rocks, and we're making parallels with Tiananmen Square.

I'm not going to say any bloody blue names, but just try to keep up...hell, copy and paste if you have to.

Hell, while I'm at it.
If there are any Trekkies here...its bloody Captain Sisko not Captain Sisco...and the guy from DS9 certainly doesn't own a company (Cisco)that makes routers either!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............alright, I feel slightly better now.

**** The regularly scheduled debate continues after this ******

------------------
"The Guide says that there is an art to flying...or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Life, the Universe and Everything

BlueElectron
Member # 281

yeah dude, sorry about the spelling...

English is never one of my strong point.

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Dictionary.com, Palestinean is a valid spelling.

------------------
I'll kill you, you bloated museum of treachery!
~ C. Montgomery Burns

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no intent on showing the inside of my head to Daryus, or anyone for that matter.

I'll just make one comment: If rocks can destroy the most heavily-armed nation in the Middle East, then we better start checking our children at school to make sure nobody smuggles a rock in and goes on a rampage.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps