Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 15)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how many buildings in total have now collapsed? Last time I checked it was 4.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a more personal note:

An American woman living close by us here in the Netherlands got two phonecalls from her husband who works inside the WTC.

The first was to tell her the building shook and was being evacuated. The second was to tell her to keep remembering him and that he was not going to make it. Then the line was cut off...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scale of the hatred this is invoking is really quite worrying. I had a guy on WinMX refuse to let me DL a file because I wasn't American. And the filename had something like "No Muslims" added to it. That's not good. Several hundred Brits working for firms in the WTC are unaccounted for, but I doubt people of his ilk (and I'm sure there are some here) consider their lives as valuable as decent, God-fearin', tax-paying, WHITE American citizens.

See? I can get annoyed too. I see you lot drawing a line in the sand, and I see which side the rest of the world is on. I see clause 5 of the NATO charter - a rule so unused, it's got dust on it - which stipulates that an attack against one member is an attack against all (thanks for all your help in the Falklands War, by the way) suddenly being given a lot of attention now it's in your favour.

Tony Blair and others have already pledged their full support to whatever measures the US takes. You can be sure - indeed some are just assuming - that we'll be there with you, and dying for your cause, because it's a cause the rest of the civilised world (we do exist, it's not all darkies with twigs in their hair) supports.

But staying on our side of the line, of course.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't used WinMX in a while, so I am probably forgetting something, but how could he know your nationality on the program?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not impossible. IP address, whatever, but that's not the point. Ultimately I wasn't him. It's what PJ O'Rourke called the trend towards increasing Balkanisation in the post-Cold War era, the "Republic of you and me and I'm not too sure about you."

I could have been George W Bush and still been refused. Not that I expect Dubya to share my tase in music, though. . . 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon,

Very few (I hope) Americans share that asswhipe's view. Don't assume we're all like that.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are still pulling out survivors out of what's left of the South Tower of the World Trade Center. A recent one was a police officer and a fireman.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11,000 body bags have been requested.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Tony Blair and others have already pledged their full support to whatever measures the US takes. You can be sure - indeed some are just assuming - that we'll be there with you, and dying for your cause, because it's a cause the rest of the civilised world (we do exist, it's not all darkies with twigs in their hair) supports.

I hope, that we extract a large portion of revenge, but that doesn't extend to anyone outside of those harboring terrorist. Although it has already been said on TV here, that any operation carried out would be a UN operation, I believe it should be only a USA effort, with the Russians watching our backs, if it is indeed Afganistan.

quote:

(thanks for all your help in the Falklands War, by the way)

Like you guys needed anyone else, nor did the Argentinians kill thousands.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw on the news that 5 firefighters have been found under the WTC wreckage alive and still in their fire-truck. What a horrific 48 hours they must have had in there. Some would say it's a miracle they survived at all

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Although it has already been said on TV here, that any operation carried out would be a UN operation, I believe it should be only a USA effort

Because you need the pleasure of doing it yourself?

A unified response from the UN in the name of the defence of the fundamental tenets of humanity (and those, not "America," came under attack on Tuesday) is what is warranted. Time to show terrorists that humanity as a whole wants to fuck them up.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Another man was arrested in Maryland for calling in a bomb threat to the Baltimore City police headquarters.

Mayor Martin O'Malley said that in this time of national crisis, anyone calling in a bomb threat was committing treason.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they still hang you for treason?

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ah ... no.

And although they probably won't be convicted of treason, I think they'll certainly be facing a long time in jail.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A unified response from the UN in the name of the defence of the fundamental tenets of humanity (and those, not "America," came under attack on Tuesday)

Capitalism and freedom came under specific, direct attack Tuesday. That'd be an attack on America. The UN wouldn't be ticked, if not for the loss if innocent life.

This is not a criticism. I just don't want any confusion here. We were attacked because the idiots that did this hate the concepts of freedom, capitalism, and democracy. America, the idea, WAS attacked, no question about it.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps