Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 12)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Disgruntled 7/11 employees attacking with Big Gulps?? I know I forgot the 9/11 reference.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
US officials are denying that the bombings in Kabul, Afghanistan are American. It's believed that they are part of a retaliation by an anti-Taliban group there whose leader was killed the other day.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

"we would not, and could not use images and ideals of our Gods to strike down human beings of other faiths in acts of appalling mass terrorism."

I'm sorry for continuosly bringing this up, but...
Try telling that to certain people living in Northern Ireland.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the worst thing to happen to the United States. If we find out who did this, the retaliation, I guarantee, will be swift and unlike anything we will have ever seen.
Let us pray that no more terrorists are waiting in those airports, waiting to take another plane and crash it.

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never mind about my post up there. I didn't realize someone had gone and started another thread about it...
Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make no mistake the terrorist group that did this has just opened the gates of hell. I say kill them all, let not one of them get away. I hope they torture the ones that we do catch.

Yes I'm being vengeful and sadistic but I am without a doubt extremely pissed off.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
200 firefighters alone lost. FIREFIGHTERS ALONE

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. There's a thread titled "Casualties" -- you left out the 78 Police officers missing and presumed dead.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the firefighter thing hits close to home since my sister was a volunteer, my father was paid, and I was volunteer up until I left for college two weeks ago.

What I wouldn't give to be a firefighter up there right now.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The feeling appears to be widespread. Apparently, a lot of the emergency personnel evacuated to hospitals want to go back.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question: is there a master situation website for things like this? Some place where we can get the most up-to-the-minute info on casualties and such?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

There was something about the FBI putting up a site, but I don't know if it was an all inclusive damage/response tally, actually I think it was more of a "if you have any info please please please tell us!"

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's likely any such centralized site would quickly be taken down by the sheer amount of traffic. Google, bless their hearts, has links to cached copies of all sorts of websites, news and otherwise, related to this on their front page, so that might be a place to look.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else noticed that the planes used were 2 American Airlines and 2 United Airlines. Not Delta, TWA, Continental, or Northwest. But the two airlines with the the words 'United' and 'American' in them.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's the FBI's website that has been set up for reporting tips and information about the terrorist attacks. I think that it's http://www.ifccfbi.gov or http://www.ifcc.fbi.gov (Ashcroft said it once with the dot and once without). The City of New York has there official city website at http://www.ci.nyc.ny.us that has been running emergency information throughout most of the day.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps