Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Child violence (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Child violence
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it at snopes.com, where I am a member and go daily.

Happy now?

As for the "me right, everyone else wrong"... no, not everyone. Just the people who disagree with me, naturally. [Wink]

That's a joke, which I mention just to frustrate those of us here who would otherwise try to fake being too obtuse to get it.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very droll. Ow, stop, you're killing me. Oh, my aching sides. . .

Snopes? The urban legend website?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. They have a message board very similar to this one.

Urban legends are not all that gets posted about, though.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to check it out. Right, now where were we? We'd established where you got this from; now, why did you post it?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to draw this dangerously on-topic, but if I was being attacked by a psychotic three year old, I'd, well, move.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What if it was a particularly tough, fast 3 y/o. Then we would have to come back to Tom's suggestion.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Voggiechops, we've already covered that. I posted it because I found it interesting.

If _I_ were attacked by a psychotic 3-year-old, I'd probably try to disarm him and try to keep him at arm's length until I could wrap him in a rug like a mad cat.

Then I'd shoot his parents. (Just kidding.)

I'd find his keeper and ask him/her if, in exchange for my not pressing for damages and having CYS investigate them, they'd give me all the money they were currently carrying.

If they said yes, and it was less than $50, I'd call CYS on them anyway.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have yet to see the three year old that could keep up with me running, and I run like a girl. But to be dangerously sensible, if the kid is following, walk out of sight of the mother. Then she'd HAVE to do something. And if she doesn't, well, go into a pub or something.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to the pub, that's the english solution for everything.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i were being clobbered in the head by some punk-ass 3 year old, i'd clobber him right back, in the chops, with a set of keys between my fingers (just jokin) but i really would drop the punk. i wouldn't much give a damn about him being three years old, if he gave me a cuncussion.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah. This reminds me of something i saw a long time ago: this kids parents bought him a high powered BB gun for his 4rth birthday. HIS 4TH BIRTHDAY FOR FUCK SAKES! and he was shooting at cans and targets behind the baseball field, when his mom cam and took it cause he was pointing it in other peoples direction, when he started screamin at her and using words like "bitch, slut, whore, F*cking As*hole, and the such, the kid could curse better than any sailor that i ever met. if he still had his BB gun, he'd probaly've shot at her. i'm just glad that his aim was terrible, with the 20 or so shots he made, he couldn't hit the targets from only 3 or 4 meters away.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'd find his keeper and ask him/her if, in exchange for my not pressing for damages and having CYS investigate them, they'd give me all the money they were currently carrying.
That's great. So, when they have you arrested for robbery ("This man had our little junior wrapped in a rug like a mad cat and said he'd only give us back to us if we gave him all the cash we had! He also made up some lies about junior hitting him!"), people will laugh at you for your lame story about some little tyke hitting you with a whatever, and PsyLiam and VorgonPoet will say to all their chums "didja hear about that American who couldn't walk away from a little toddler? I told you those Americans were fat."

[ February 28, 2002, 16:45: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
Member # 393

Interesting. Is it? I suppose it is. It raises concerns about many things, for instance what do you do with problem children? It's easy to blame the parents, but the trouble is, some problem childrens' behaviour has, in many documented cases, transcended mere accusations of insufficient parental discipline. I'll try to dig some out, there was a case here a few years ago where a school refused to re-admit a suspended child because his behaviour had gotten so extreme.

But that's what I read into it. Why does it interest you? Many things interest you, no doubt; many things likewise interest me.

For instance, right now I'm watching my cat playing with a cork. She's stalking it, pouncing, wrestling wildly with it, yet somehow managing to lose the battle every time. For her, that cork is right now the most interesting thing in the universe. I'm pretty fascinated, watching it, myself. But I'm not about to start a thread about it, and neither is she.

So, c'mon, Robbie, what are you trying to tell us here? How does this fit into your greater agenda?

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

It's becoming clear that I'm going to have to make special signs for Snay to indicate when I'm being facetious and when I'm not.

Graham Chapman voice:
When I put the antler hat on, I'm being facetious. See?
*puts antler hat on*
Now I'm being facetious...
*takes antler hat off*
And now I'm not.

Will this help, or do I have to post all my humor in ALL CAPS?

VACUOUS, TOFFEE-NOSED, MALODOROUS PERVERT!

quote:
I'm pretty fascinated, watching it, myself. But I'm not about to start a thread about it, and neither is she.
Yes, but some people might. Some girls, especially. Probably not here, though. In fact, haven't there been a LOT of posts about cats?

And you still were interested enough to mention it.

Hell, it was a LOT more interesting than those awful LEGO posts... [Big Grin]

[ February 28, 2002, 18:56: Message edited by: First of Two ]

--------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see I'm going to have to make special signs for Robert to tell him the exact damn thing. Rob, sometimes you need to realize people mean things in the same vein that *you* meant them.

Jesus.

And, er, actually there'll probably be a "Name Snay's New Kitten" thread in the next few days.

[ February 28, 2002, 19:01: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps