Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » What a way to begin Passover. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What a way to begin Passover.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am not the one who said the Muslims call our country a terrorist nation. The Muslims say that on their own very well.
Right. . .

quote:
My question is a fundamental one, and one that may help us to understand their way of thinking: How do they define terrorism?
But that's not what you said the first time. Your whole question was obviously aimed from the "how dare THEY call us terrorists?" perspective.

quote:
VP,
I am an American citizen, not a Britisth citizen.

Good for you. Have a half-holiday. No doubt your confusion stems from the IRA comment. Now, let me repeat in a way you can comprehend. There are certain people in the United States who think the IRA are freedom fighters and the British Government the terrorists. See the difference? If such a mindset can exist within your own borders (the borders of your nation, that is - please don't say "Borders? But I work at Target"), why should you find the Palestinian opinion so strange?

I know you're not a Brit, Colin - if you were, your name would be SafewayEmployee. Sorry, safewayemployee. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A poor choice, Lee, as Safeway exists both in Britain and in the United States and Western Canada. Perhaps tescoemployee might be more fitting? [Wink]

[ March 28, 2002, 20:24: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"There are certain people in the United States who think the IRA are freedom fighters and the British Government the terrorists."

But most of those paddies are in Boston, and they don't really count.

Actually, I was just surprised to read this because quite a few people feel this way in Saskatchewan. Hm. We have Safeway(s) here, too. I smell something.

"The US Gov't may be monitoring activity at selected sites. If this is the case, then we will need to proceed carefully through our researches. We don't want anyone profiled as a potential sympathizer of terrorism, do we?"

www.imgoingtoassassinategeorgebush.com
www.terrorismfordummies.com
www.howtobeanalqaedainseveneasysteps.com
www.hothornyxxxgeishagirls.com
www.buildyourownsuicidebomb.com
www.israel.com
www.homemadeprimaverapasta.com

These are some of the sites being monitored by the Echelon system operated by the NSA at Area 51. Do not visit these sites, or Gene Hackman mightn't be able to save your ass, and the NSA's green and blue 3D OS might label you as Terrorist Leader. Just some helpful advice.

[ March 28, 2002, 21:49: Message edited by: U//Magnus ]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why don't you provide the quotes to show the Palestinians are capable of different thoughts?"

Personally, I wouldn't even want to validate a bigoted generalization by trying to disprove it.

How about giving me some quotes to prove that employees of Target stores are capable of not being idiots?*

*This is not meant to be a purely ad hominem attack. Simply a way of pointing out the flaw in the above quote, that doubles as an insult. And, of course, it doesn't actually apply to Target employees in general.

[ March 28, 2002, 22:49: Message edited by: TSN ]

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damnation. You know, that was my first choice, but I thought it was Tesco's you had over there. It's a pity, as the joke works a lot better with tescoemployee. B(

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am a person who wants to be a Jew."

Not to sound crazy, but what's stopping you?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably the Jews, if they've ever talked to him...
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
"I am a person who wants to be a Jew."

Not to sound crazy, but what's stopping you?

Perhaps a love of ham sandwiches and bacon.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Echelon. Supposedly spying on and recording boring American lives since 1970's.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your words say what I have felt for a long time-I am not liked or accepted by the members of this board. Would you care to say anything more?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to rain on your parade, TE, but you're hardly the only person to take a beating in the Flameboard. Sure, some people don't like you. Some people don't like me. Some people don't like Omega, or Lee, or Rob, or MIB. Sometimes this dislike comes out in posts (witness my flameoff with Rob in the "nuke thread").

Actually, I don't think anyone likes MIB as much as tolerates him.

I mean, it's not like we're throwing giant parties and inviting everyone but you. I mean, I don't know why you'd want to come, since Siggy is our MC and Tahna and Lee are our exotic dancers (don't look at me, that was Charles' idea ... well, mostly because Jubbes wouldn't do it).

Sorry. Just seemed like you were feeling sorry for yourself, and, well, it's cheesy and a Cher-ism, but *snap out of it!*

I'm just being silly now. I'll leave.

[ March 29, 2002, 21:48: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

colin
Member # 217

My last post is an observation.
Lee
Member # 393

Drat. I was hoping to make it a hat-trick of times I've made him storm off in a huff. Now you've blown it. Thanks Jeff.

Fact is, Colin, you're very easy to tease. Yet you've never grown a very thick skin. If I got the hump every time the nerds in the Tech Forum said something nasty about me, I'd never be here at all. But in truth they say nasty things about me because I love teasing them too.

Anyway. You're wanted around here, you're our own Major Barcalow. I mean, you're thirty years old, you live with your mother and you work in a suypermarket, for Christ's sake. Some people giving you a gentle ribbing over the internet shouldn't bother you, and if it does - if you regard this place as a sanctuary from your life - then I strongly suggest you do some serious soul-searching. And get out there and make a life for yourself. I did, so anyone can. 8)

--------------------

colin
Member # 217

Perhaps.
However, I am attempting changes in my profile. This is due partly in response to recent events.

I feel that repeated jokes, as some like to call them, about my job and my thinking ability have slowly changed into abusive banter. One or two times is okay. More than one or two times is not okay.

Okay, I didn't say things as well as others on this board. I agree that my way of speaking is not as fluidic when compared to some on this board. I am endeavoring to work on this issue.

As for other issues raised here, I am not alone in living with my mother at the age of 30. There are others like me in this country. I work in a discount store, not a supermarket. This is a rather large distinction. A supermarket sells mostly food, with a lesser number of shelves devoted to non-food items. A discount store is the opposite of a supermarket.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually, I am curious about that bleachy smell in every Target store I've ever been in. But, seriously, do you think I *LIKE* being known as a "deer killer"? You're hardly alone in the "teased" department, but I think a big difference is that I recognize that a lot of it is just friendly ribbing.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps