Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I never liked it anyway... (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: I never liked it anyway...
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, ok. Works for me.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Christianity was the basis for this country, and even though In God We Trust is on our currency, it doesn't have to mean Jesus. It could mean Ayatolla (or whoever the Islamic's belive in) or the Sacred Cow Of India or whoever.

As for the pledge, if you don't want to say 'under god', don't. When I was in Workand Station and in a Lutheran church as part of the Apostles Creed, instead of Christian Church it said Catholich Church, and what did I do? Say Christian Church insted of Catholic.

(PS: If there are many mispellings, I just woke up from a nap.)

[ June 30, 2002, 13:16: Message edited by: BWC ]

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh. [Roll Eyes]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you could afford to dispense with the rolling eyes smiley in this case, and let the ugh stand on its own, without any cartoonish barrier between our friend here and the truth, which is that the misspellings are the least objectionable and least wrong things about his post.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charles told me to be nicer to people, as such my leaf has risen anew. Although, I'm not so certain he included utter cranial incompetence in addition with english proficiency as those offenses which do not require the pettiness of slander, but, loathe as I am to annoy anyone, I'll take it he did.

So, simply, I say, without the "cartoonish barrier";

Ugh.

He did just get up from a nap, though. So, maybe there's your explanation.

I'll let someone a little more impulsive and hotheaded cry afoul instead.

[ June 30, 2002, 13:32: Message edited by: Ultra Magnus Pym ]

BWC
Ex-Member

Nothing worse than to fall asleep during a Cartoon Planet maraton.

But TV shows are another subject.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, yes, you're absolutely right, nice is good, mean is bad. But...oh, I don't know.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BWC: Explain to be how the singular "God" could be reasonably construed to apply to a polytheistic religion such as, say, Hinduism.
BWC
Ex-Member

add a 's' on the end.
Or whatever what would make it correct

PS: TSN, check your PM's, again.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add an 's' to what and who?
Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

God
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Roll Eyes]

And what of religions where there is no God? No Goddess? No Gods or Goddesses? None of the above?

Ed / BWC
Ex-Member

Add an 's' or appropriate, uh, letters, to God.
[Roll Eyes]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, now we have 'singualr God's', which, Cartoon Network or not, makes no sense...

This country was, supposedly, founded on the bible, and for religious freedoms... now, since at the time 'most' people were more God-believing than now, things like E Plurbus Unum would have just passed.... But, with the now 'heathenistic' society we live in people would like to see God aken from every one, since anything religious infringes on 'their' rights....

Times have been changing, and the Christian groups have not been keeping pace, preferring to bury their heads in the sands of time....

Which is what we went over in Sunday School today....

If you don't believe in God, then why does it bother you so much to have the 'In God We Trust' there? When it should be worth as much as the paper it is printed on to you??? Or are you atheists intent on trying to make everyone as you are??

More to follow, but dinner is ready... Typos or not, no nap here.... [Wink]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

quote:
Add an 's' or appropriate, uh, letters, to God.
[Roll Eyes] But what if there IS no GOD?! You'd have to take out 'God', right? And that's what happened! [Roll Eyes]

SO

YAY!

I swear. It's like talking to a brick wall.

[ June 30, 2002, 16:59: Message edited by: Snay ]

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps