Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The fate of the USS Voyager itself.... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The fate of the USS Voyager itself....
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually it WAS ruined to me two years ago when someone just started blabbing about it before I had seen it. I HATE THAT!!!

------------------
And keep your foot off that blasted samoflanche!

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, A "Das Flying Toilet Seat" ending would be cool. You could have Kim (the only one to actually survive) finding Janeway dying as she watched her ship sink. . . er, blow up or something, and then she keels over. Brilliant.

Personally I think the last episode should be called "The Long and Winding Road." It'll really wind up John Lennon fans.

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Germany lost?!

Oh, wait, that's a good thing.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we won't even get to see the homecoming of Voyager.
Last scene:
The Voyager dissaparing as a faint dot between the stars, on her continuing mission to reach Earth, wich is still 30-somthing years away.

This would be dissapointing, but TBTB are crazy enough to do just this. (They did so with DS9)

------------------
"Dynamics is like playing hockey with a flexible hockey stick"
-My Physics teacher
---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, that wouldn't be the norm for VOY.

VOY has always been the "lets have a happy ending" TV Show ...

DS9 is the, "lets depress 'em all..." TV Show ...

------------------
The Dominion has been defeated, but the hardest job will be building the peace ...

Join Cpt. Connor H. Macy and the crew of the USS Tokyo as they attempt to forge the bonds of trust ...

Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for the Das Boot ending......serve me some of that PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

It'll really wind up John Lennon fans.

McCartney wrote it.

------------------
All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
Bob Dylan

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, TPTB could end it by having Janeway killed during the homecomming. She dies as Voyager reaches Earth, leaving Chakotay with something finally to do. That would avoid the entire court marshal thing with flashbacks of Janeway's bad judgements.

------------------
So why don't we make a little room in my BMW babe
Searching for some peace of mind
Hey I'll help you find it
I do believe that we are practicing the same religion
- from the song "Fastlove"

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How's this?
B'elanna and Seven, the only ones still alive after the combined klingon-romulan taskforce attacking earth during voyagers homecoming, steer voyager towards a big black hole. All enemy ships are right behind them!

Torres: Ok, then listen, let's not get caught.
Seven: State your intention!
T: Let's keep going.
7o9: Clarify!?
T: Go!
7o9: You sure?
T: Yeah, yeah. Let's.

Torres hits "full impulse", racing right past the event horizon, ending with a freeze-frame of Voyager almost in the hole!
End Credits!!!!

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kosh: I know. That's why it'll annoy them.

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I think Voyager SHOULD get home that's what been the purpose and drive of the entire series and that's what Voyager has been about=The Crew's desire to return home.

Voyager will return to Federation Space and will help launch the new series beginning next year in the USA. I think we could several scenes in the new series with Janeway talking @ starfleet academy to cadets about the Delta Quadrant and then move on to the new Akira class starship in orbit of Earth. We have Voyager orbiting in the Background (going the opposite way). I think an Akira class would be cool as we still don't know much about it.

IP: Logged
Nim
Member # 205

I seriously hope series V won't have cadets as main characters. I'm still recovering from those little creeps from "Valiant".
The only thing they're good for is to remind us that the grown-ups in Star Trek make better calls.

Seriously, the few good 17-22 year old actors that exist prolly wouldn't try to get into Star Trek anyhow, other than as guest stars...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited November 23, 2000).]

Lee
Member # 393

By careful simulation I've managed to emulate that whole punctuation-less writing style. Use one hand to type letters, and keep the other hand firmly in your lap. Whatit's doing there, I'll leave you to figure out. Akira-class, cadets, what utter fucking rot...

------------------

- Liam Kavanagh

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be examined, that funny sweep thing, overhauled, and sent out on it's continuing mission.

Or placed in a museum(sp?)

------------------
**...****...**

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well ...

I don't think a cadet premise would work.

First of all, ix-nae on the Akira. They always bring in a "new" class of ship for a show to take place on. They won't bring up the Akira-Class.

Second, why would they use an Akira for cadet training? Right now the Federation has great use for its most modern starships, so I imagine an older-class (Miranda, Excelsior?) would be detailed for use as training ships. Honestly, training cruises are mostly to accustome Cadets to the details of serving on a starship, and it can be done just as well on an older class ship, so there's no use to use a newer class.

Anything class-specific can be learned by the cadets when they're junior officers on their first assignments.

Third, would anyone *want* to see a series about cadets? No. A movie -- eh, maybe ... you could keep up the believability for 2 hours, but not for 26 hours a year for 7 years. First off all, even if you started them out on their first day of "Boot" (that is, the PT they go through BEFORE they go to the classrooms), the Academy is only 4 years long, so 3 years would be focusing on them as junior officers -- what, we follow these SAME cadets around for 4 years, then we're expected to believe they all recieve the SAME post-Academy posting?

DARKSTAR -- look at the following: . , ; ' " ! ?

Those are PUNCTUATION marks. LEARN them. USE them. LOVE them. Thank you!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps