Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » INCOMING!!!! (Full $$$-TCFoE) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: INCOMING!!!! (Full $$$-TCFoE)
deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if it's going to have another name?

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Voyager
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Big Spoilers!
$
$
$
$
$

*bows head in moment of silence, in honor of the USS Defiant*

The Breen luanch a sneak attack on Earth, the Chin'Toka System fails back into Dominion hands, Sol'Bor is killed, Kai Winn and the now exposed Dukat have discovered the ancient text of the Kossta Mojjen, the USS Defiant is destroyed in a big explosion of a torpedo (But not before destroying several Breen ships), the Chin'Toka rescue fleet consisting of Klingon, Federation and Romulan vessels is destroyed, the Cardassians rise up against the Dominion after a big speech by Damar, the cloning facilities are destroyed, Admiral Ross promises Ben a new ship!

For those of you wondering, the Breen weapon knocked out all power and several Dominion weapons blew parts of the Defiant's hull away and after all hands report to escape pods and are away, the final torpedo blows the ship almost in half.

------------------
One silly, twice foolish. -Dr. Weaver, ER

IP: Logged
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched this eppie a few minutes ago.

I DID cry when they abandoned the Defiant... I had previously been weakened by the shot of the Golden Gate... That SHOOK me... It's like seeing your house destroyed...

This is... Not good.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Speculations by me that the new ship that the new ship that replaces the Defiant will not be from the same class.

If it is, it will be extremely upgunned and souped up with new goodies like some new super weapon.
Stuff like that. New terms for a weapon that will keep us arguing for years, aka Tri Cobalt Torpedo.

I think they will bomb us with a new design. DROOL...

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Simon
Ex-Member

Wasn't there something about them keeping the Defiant sets up until the end of the show. If the new ship wasn't a Defiant this probably wouldn't be done.
LB4747
Ex-Member

Okay, I just saw the episode. Even after knowing for weeks about the spoiler, I was still left shaken after seeing the Defiant go down. I was getting sentimental even while watching the crew go through the startup sequence and seeing the Defiant leave DS9 one last time.

These last few episodes are going to be tough to watch.

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.
The important thing is not to stop questioning."
--Albert Einstein

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some one please tell me if the basis of my new sig.file is correct. Thanks!

------------------
All Sisko needs is ANOTHER tall ship and a star to guide her by.

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post 
Essentially, yes. 8)

------------------
"Adventure? Excitement? A Jedi craves not these things!" - Silent Bob

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steer, I think, not guide.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for bryce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said somewhere else, I'm not satified with how it went down. I think it should have been dishing out some punishment while it was taking some. It just flew by and let everyone take a free hit.

btw, I thought the shot of the Romulan Warbird in the background was breath-taking!

Before the comm. break; you could hear the radio, the music was real moody. I kept waiting for Sisko to say something and he never did. That scene was great! The music really added to that shot.
------------------
All Sisko needs is ANOTHER tall ship and a star to steer her by.

[This message was edited by bryce on May 02, 1999.]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I loved how the nacelles started to fall off...they did a wonderful job. I take back saying DS9 sucks and that I don't watch it anymore :P

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Defiant? Tall?
The nacelles were hollow!

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

bryce
Anointed Class of 2003
Member # 42

It is believed the quote, "All I need is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" is engraved on the Defiant's dedication plaque. Was

------------------
All Sisko needs is ANOTHER tall ship and a star to steer her by.

Brigman
Ex-Member

As the Defiant left the station for the last time, the weight was almost palpable. I knew what was coming. I knew this was her last flight. Her last fight.

I watched as if watching from a great distance, although I moved closer to the TV as the scene unfolded. It was like an out-of-body experience.

It was like watching someone die.

"She may have flaws, but she has teeth."

I loved that little ship.

"LITTLE?"

As Worf might say, she died with honor.

------------------
Peace!
Brigs

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit people, You're all getting hysterical!
*slaps Brigman*

*slaps Frank*

*needs to be restrained*

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHhHhHHH!!!!!!

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps