Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TNG: RIP (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: TNG: RIP
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, but that doesnt stop me from saying something, now does it...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still a little curious as to how the line got crossed. Someone brought up the possibility of a DS9 movie. I said the DS9 "relaunch" books were the closest we were likely going to get to new canon info on that universe within the next decade (this disregarding the multi-property movie idea that's started floating around). And you said this was the wrong forum to talk about the novels.

I wasn't trying to use the content of the books to prove a point about an episode. Someone had mentioned the Defiant continuing to stick its nose into Dominion territory by going through the wormhole. I reminded everyone that we didn't even hear about the Dominion for more than a year after we found the wormhole, so their territory definitely did not extend that far. And I held the books up as an example of how the Defiant can explore the Gamma Quadrant without going near the Dominion.

They are a good read, they are internally consistent (barring a few minor screw-ups in "Cathedral"), and they are not likely to be contradicted any time soon, if ever. These books are probably going to be the only continuation of the DS9 universe for quite some time, and they have rapidly become Pocket Books' best-selling Trek imprint. You may want to spare a glance at them, at the very least so you aren't blindsided by someone using them as reference. But for now I just request you stop shooting down the people who do.

--Jonah

P.S. Voyager relaunch in June! *yay!* This is gonna be a good summer for Trek books.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
P.S. Voyager relaunch in June! *yay!* This is gonna be a good summer for Trek books.

Hooray! Vice Admiral Kate!

I hope they maintain tradition and feature Ensign Kim. [Smile]

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since it starts right after "Endgame" ends, Kate is still Captain and Harry is still Ensign. [Big Grin]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even better, we get to find out how and why Kate is promoted so much. [Smile]
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting back to the initial point of this thread, I think we'll see 2 ST film genres both 'Enterprise' and 'TNG'.

I would indeed think that Riker will graduate to command the Enterprise-E - after all, he commanded the refit Enterprise-D in 'All Good Things' - so it could be argued that he has the potential and drive. And this will allow the use of the so-called 'lesser' TNG stars - unless some of them go on to command starships as well.

I would welcome this myself - I do not see the 24th century as 'mined-out' insofar as story possibilities are concerned - and like most fans I truly enjoy the characters.

So far as 'Enterprise' is concerned - I think a movie is probably already in the works - at least to the point of story reviews. The title may well be: "The Romulan Wars".

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Treknophyle:
I would welcome this myself - I do not see the 24th century as 'mined-out' insofar as story possibilities are concerned - and like most fans I truly enjoy the characters.

I can certainly agree with this. Considering, what...the ENTIRE Star Trek Universe as we know it has changed dramatically following the end of the Dominion War. The Klingons change in regime, same with the Ferengi, Cardassians and now Romulans, I'm sure even the Federation has been restructured quite a bit following the losses it suffered during the war. There is definately plenty yet to explore in the 24th Century. Sadly the years will continue to pass beyond Nemesis and we may not see anything come out of it production-wise....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps