Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Newest 5th series rumour (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Newest 5th series rumour
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down with the Academy! Down with the Academy!
Down with the whole IDEA of a new series with-in the next 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenneth Biller - still writing on VGR - thats not the best of ideas - he IS responsible for some of the worst Star Trek RUBBISH of Season 2 and 3 Voyager!

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biller did write "Before and After", but he's also responsible for things like "Demon".

But he was apparently a major creative influence in Season Five, so I'm optimistic.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see an alternate reality or whatever where Earth has been taken by the Dominion (or Borg). It could star Wil Wheaton.

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan
http://www.phix-it.com/~perseus/

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*bangs head against the nearest wall*

Wil Wheaton???

NNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*continues banging*

------------------
Altair's Sci-Fi Homepage

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this idea but if it does become more than a rumor I'd like to see them NOT use any existing regular characters. EVER. I'd like to see a completely new crew, none of these eps where Scotty shows up on the ship because he somehow got frozen in a transporter beam for God only knows how long. I'm tired of the old characters.

Give us something fresh and new, with all brand new technologies for us to discover along with the crew of the new ship. And most of all, please don't let the writing slip sub-par! I gave up on Voyager and haven't seen a single episode since early 3rd season, it just lost my interest.

------------------
"You're just about as useful as .JPGs to Helen Keller."

- Weird Al (It's All About The Pentiums)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dani!?! You shouldn't have stopped. Start again with "Before and After" and on to Scorpion for season three and from Before and After Voyager doesn't look back - its fantastic from then on... apart for one or two, which every show has... see "The Muse" DS9 or "Imaginary Friend" TNG

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VOY season 4 was a massive improvement from the earlier seasons. Season 5 definately has its ups and downs. "Timeless" is one of my favourite Trek episodes.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Dani stopped six months before she should have...

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally think "Flight Academy" is the most likely candidate for the fifth series. Not that I relish the prospect of a "dawson's Trek", it does fit in with the kind of network-thinking mindset.

"Fresh and New" eh?
To me this says, either an unfamilar timezone, or a familar one seen from an unusual angle. I fear it may also imply a break from established continuity, as while we may consider the backstory of Star trek a rich tapestry to be exploited, an outsider could regard it as burdensome, and reject it via either a plot device like a parallel universe, or worse yet: without explanation!

I have a very bad feeling about this....

------------------
Oh Mr Rasberry, so sharp your juices!

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager already gives me a bad feeling.

------------------
"Forgive me if I don't share your euphoria!" (Weyoun to Dukat, DS9 'Tears of the Prophets')
Dax's Ships of STAR TREK

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps