Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek DVD Projects status report? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Star Trek DVD Projects status report?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. Special Edition TMP is a wonderful movie. Especially the beatifully long intro theme.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Pity that it didn't just stop there.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Well, Star Trek II SE had some footage inserted, but the rest of the films haven't (to this point).

I think that is mainly due to the fact that there really wasn't much in the way of extra footage for III & IV, evidently Nimoy has a much better grasp of structure and running length than most directors.
As for ST:V, I don't think it was worth the money even trying to fix that film.
If I recall there are quite a few cut-scenes in TUC, some of which have already been re-inserted since the theatrical release. So we may yet get some extra footage.
Generations had a whole bunch of stuff cut out; orbital sky dive, borg nano-probe/torture scene, more nexus & saucer crash stuff plus an alternate death scene for kirk and a closer look at the Shuttlecraft at the end. So I think there is plenty of material there for a special edition or failing that a deleted scenes menu on disk 2.
As for the other two I'm not so sure just how much was cut out, it'd probably just be a matter of a few lines here and there, nothing really substantial.
Remember that the whole point of the TMP:DE was that the film was never properly finished, aside from the mess that was TFF all the other trek films (as far as I'm aware) were all finished with time to spare.
Nemisis I couldn't care less about. That film bored me to tears.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. Wow. You said "Couldn't care less!" *HUGS REVEREND* Nobody EVER says it right!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

kiltedbear
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for kiltedbear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that Shatner asked Paramount for some cash early last year to re-edit TFF, but TPTB weren't willing to cough it up, saying that it wouldn't sell enough copies to justify the expense.

I must admit that I would be interested in seeing what they cut out of FC and Insurrection, but I must agree with Reverend in that I dont think that Nemesis needs a reissue on DVD.

--------------------
"Sweet Jesus, do you have to use the whole can?"
-Metatron

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh. Wow. You said "Couldn't care less!" *HUGS REVEREND* Nobody EVER says it right!

Am I missing something? How does everyone else say it?

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. I am almost getting curious.

Although, to be really honest...well...I couldn't care less! [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
Well, Star Trek II SE had some footage inserted, but the rest of the films haven't (to this point).

Generations had a whole bunch of stuff cut out; orbital sky dive, borg nano-probe/torture scene, more nexus & saucer crash stuff plus an alternate death scene for kirk and a closer look at the Shuttlecraft at the end. So I think there is plenty of material there for a special edition or failing that a deleted scenes menu on disk 2.
Wow. Please elaborate on this "borg nanoprobe torture" scene.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who don't know what they're talking about say "I could care less", which of course means the exact opposite of what they intend.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never heard anyone say or seen anyone write "I could care less"!
It's complete and utter nonsense.

--------------------

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
People who don't know what they're talking about say "I could care less", which of course means the exact opposite of what they intend.

Indeed, and it means all but what they intended (which is another common annoying bass-ackwards phrasing, since most people use "all but" to mean "very, very").

As for my topical two cents, the DS9 packaging in the U.S. is, in my opinion, far better than the TNG packaging. Short of having some wide open space on a table to unfold the thing you can't get to a particular episode easily, whereas with DS9 you just flip and you're there.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Which brings up the point - how does the US packaging look anyway?

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. Please elaborate on this "borg nanoprobe torture" scene.

You know how, in the movie, Soren comments on Geordi's response to his interrogation by saying "his heart just wasn't in it"? That's a reference to the form of torture used in the novelization in which Soren injects Geordi with those things to stop and start his heart. The scene was also filmed but edited out for gruesomeness, or something.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

It wasn't THAT gruesome. He just held his breath and twitched for a little while.

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree that Generations has a lot more to offer in regards to added scenes. I rather liked it too, then again compared to Insurrection and Nememsis there's not much of a competition.

I don't know what, if anything, was left out of First Contact. Personally I think it'd be cool if they make the battle with the cube a little long showing the battle before the Enterprise-E arrived. I remember seeing that for the first time being completely amazed.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps