Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Star Trek DVD Projects status report? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Star Trek DVD Projects status report?
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the series "The Thin Blue Line" starring Rowan Atkinson as police inspector Fowler??

In one episode he explains to his colleagues the meaning of their job:
He talks about crime and says "It is our mission to seek it out..." upon which his rather imbecile colleague adds "To boldly go where no one has gone before!".
Fowler tells him off "Don't split your infinitives..." but the other protests "Captain Kirk does!"
Answer from Fowler "Captain Kirk regularly accepts people painted blue with plastic forehead extensions as beings from another planet. He should not be taken as any authority whatsoever."
[Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
After all, is there a definate way to spell when to or more countries post in the same forum?

Yes. "Definite" and "two", for starters.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice explaination cartman, aside from one thing... what is an infinitive?

Guessing from your post... things like to come, to go, to be, to look...??

In French usually end in er and sometimes ir and ur? And even more rarely 're'? Schools don't deal much with grammar anymore - I learnt more about the English language in French class!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
In French usually end in er and sometimes ir and ur? And even more rarely 're'? Schools don't deal much with grammar anymore

You're kidding.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Schools don't deal much with grammar anymore?
You live in Australia, right? [Wink]

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Yes. 'Definite' and 'two', for starters."

Wow. A joke that went completely over Liam's head. I don't know if that makes it funnier, or less.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His fat and roguish hair have made him sloppy.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

True. Although I did briefly consider that it could have been deliberate. But then I looked at the appalling spelling mistakes that liter all of JASON'S other posts, and I came to the conclusion that he just isn't that subtle.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice save. Clumsy, but nice. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
True. Although I did briefly consider that it could have been deliberate. But then I looked at the appalling spelling mistakes that liter all of JASON'S other posts, and I came to the conclusion that he just isn't that subtle.

Awww...you read my posts?
I'm touched, Liam. Really.

I did pay extra attention to spelling the mis-spelled words that way to ensure the joke's effect.

I thought it was obvious though. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only because of the head-exploding line at the end.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a bit over-the-top obviousness.

The fact that I intentionally used all of the mis-spelled words MrNeutron was complaining about was really enough.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

I had long ago forgotten that post. It was in the distant past, before the time of "I'm 26 next year". Scary.

--------------------

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by PsiLiam
quote:

Wow....Jason's errors are being measured by the LITER now?

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

Well, it was about time they started doing that, wasn't it?

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps