Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Generations announced on DVD (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Generations announced on DVD
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easy for Kirk to come back... go back into the Nexus - i'm sure there is still 'part' of him there.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that only happened to the El-Aurians because they were beamed out when they were only halfway in.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That has always bothered me, how did they leave? If time doesn't move in the Nexus, how does one make a lucid decision to leave and be dropped off at the exact place one was picked up?

And where are their bodies? How are they fed? What happens to the spraying space feces, emanating from the Nexus? Who invented the nexus?
It can't be a natural phenomenomenomenon [Tuvok Sic], it seems like a weird electro-metaphysical invention, like the beam weapon V'Ger used to suck klingons and space stations inside itself.

Maybe it was Version 1.0 of the V'Ger's peoples' space projects, with V'Ger being the Noah's Ark.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"That has always bothered me, how did they leave?"

Well, they didn't. Remember, Guinan was still there, even though she was also outside.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, but I always thought Kirk's fantasy world in the Nexus should have been him back with Edith Keeler.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
No, that only happened to the El-Aurians because they were beamed out when they were only halfway in.

quote:
"That has always bothered me, how did they leave?"

Well, they didn't. Remember, Guinan was still there, even though she was also outside.

Contradiction? I think so!!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Um... I don't. What are you talking about?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems to me, they basically say the same thing.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Fanciful:
Who invented the nexus? It can't be a natural phenomenomenomenon [Tuvok Sic], it seems like a weird electro-metaphysical invention, like the beam weapon V'Ger used to suck klingons and space stations inside itself.

Maybe it was Version 1.0 of the V'Ger's peoples' space projects, with V'Ger being the Noah's Ark.

GUINAN
That ribbon isn't just some random
energy phenomenon traveling
through space... it's a doorway.
It leads to another place... the
Nexus. It doesn't exist in our
Universe... and it doesn't play by
the same rules either.

It's the TWILIGHT ZONE, baby!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, as I've been saying for a long time, Picard never actually left and everything we've seen so far are his wildest fantasies come true.
Think about it.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So he's boring as fuck: my wildest fantasies would make the movie theatre, nay- the solar system itself- collapse in on itself.

You theory means that we wants Geordi to see a sunset, he secretly wants to have, then kill, a son/himself.

He wants Ryker to finally start fucking Trio and for them to marry and get off his ship.

He's threatened by data and wishes he was retarded or something so he would'nt feel so inferior.

He's always wanted to just ram the Enterprise into another ship instead of bothering with any of those silly "weapons" or "tactics".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that Nemesis was awful?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that water is wet?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Um... I don't. What are you talking about?

First you said that only those who were ripped away against their will left "part" of themselves there, then you said Picard and Kirk didn't leave and were still there. But Picard and Kirk weren't ripped away, they left freely, so why would "parts" of them still be in the Nexus?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Ryker

I've become partially blind to your regular abuse of that wonderful thing we call "spelling", but this really is pushing it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps