Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Generations announced on DVD (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Generations announced on DVD
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
It's what will save you from re-buying all your movies on a new format once the high-definition revolution comes into full swing.

No its not. Animorphic or not, DVDs are 480i or 480p.

If you want your movies in true high-def, you need to buy them on HD-DVD or Blueray Disc, which store your movie in 720p or 1080i (much, much clearer then DVD. Think about the diffrence between VHS and DVD times 8)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank god after that we'll be at the point of diminishing returns. I'm not buying everything AGAIN.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
On the flip side, Animorphic doesn't seem to work on my Mom's dvd player. The PS2 however adds the letterboxes and everything...

Don't forget to actually set them up for whatever TV you are watching them on (widescreen or not), otherwise the picture will be all wrong.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sam Goody's was selling Generations SE for $14.99. Apparently they didn't get the recall memo and I bought it. The back of the case says it has trailers, but of course they aren't there.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand why they can't include the trailers. They had them on all the other SE's so far. AT least on the RC2 versions.
How come Paramount doesn't own the rights to its own trailers???

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Australian "All Good Things" SE video casette - had trailers to the first 7 movies.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As did the German one of "Best of both worlds". And that even included the trailer of FC.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Germany and Austraillia have VHS technology now?!?

Truly, WWII was fought for naught.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure you haven't confused Australia and Austria there?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Hitler paid attention in his geography classes.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GODWIN'S LAW

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes, since you have the DVD, can you check the ILM featurette and see if it reveals any new model shots, particularly any of the Oberth labelled as the U.S.S. Vailiant NCC-20000?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Are you sure you haven't confused Australia and Austria there?

You'd think so, but no.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finished watching Generations SE. I'm kind of disappointed. Unlike the previous special edition DVDs there aren't any new scenes added into the movie. Certainly nothing noticably different. While it's been over two years since I last watched Generations on VHS, it's still the same movie.

As for the special features.

They aren't bad at all. They at least make this edition worth buying if you're into commentaries, documentaries, deleted scenes, etc.

I was kind of hoping some of the deleted scenes would be put into the movie, sadly they were not. As you'll see for yourself they're fairly incomplete. The 'Kirk Orbital Skydive' has an introduction by Rick Berman with commentary by Shatner, Doohan, and Koenig about the scene. There's nothing of the La Forge torture scene where Soran apparently stopped and restarted La Forge's heart.

The Enterprise Linage featurette has a lot about the space shuttle Enterprise and cast/crew recalling seeing the shuttle for the first time.

There's also some interesting images of the Picard Family Album.

As for your request Mim, the ILM feature has nothing on the Nebula, Miranda, and Oberth models at the end of the movie. It's all about the Enterprise-D. In many ways CGI is superior to miniature models, but I still prefer the realism in detail and lighting of actual models.

There was also a short feature on filming the Enterprise saucer section model crashing on the planet surface.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
I finished watching Generations SE. I'm kind of disappointed. I was kind of hoping some of the deleted scenes would be put into the movie, sadly they were not. There's nothing of the La Forge torture scene where Soran apparently stopped and restarted La Forge's heart.

What the fuck good is a "SE" then?!?

quote:

As for your request Mim, the ILM feature has nothing on the Nebula, Miranda, and Oberth models at the end of the movie. It's all about the Enterprise-D. In many ways CGI is superior to miniature models,

Theres a special (and painful) place in the fiery bowels of perdition for you.
The CGI Nebula is fucking AWFUL.
It's just the Galaxy re-arranged: all the Galaxy's windows are on it for no reason....I'd bet the secondary hull is a from the Galaxt file as well.

(throws tantrum, destroys apartment)

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason, you expect TOO much.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps