Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » TOS on DVD (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TOS on DVD
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to the Startrek.com site and saw that they are realeasing them on DVD in a very bright yellow container.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That discussion belongs here, doesn't it?

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/3/1666.html

...under the thread on the same subject.

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though they did just announce what the special features would be (Okuda text commentaries for both parts of "The Menagerie" and, oddly, "The Conscience of the King." And why couldn't they do this for shows which he actually worked on? Commentary tracks are the only things I've really felt the TNG ((and presumably DS9 and Voyager)) sets lacked.), so someone could mention that. In that other thread. Though I just did so here.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got quite the affinity or this newfound double-parentheses trick, haven't you?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've used it a couple times very recently, but I wouldn't say it's newly-found. I used to mess around with brackets, but I don't think that looks as sleek.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I used to mess around with brackets

sounds like a real life lesson from Librarian Afterschool Special. Knowing your punctuation is half the battle.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.trektoday.com/news/160604_01.shtml

TAS is also going to be released on DVD in 2005!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm there! Better start saving my pennies....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this on Amazon Japan: The Uchudaisakusen Galaxy Box. All three seasons of TOS for the low suggested retail price of 92,400 yen (73,920 yen at Amazon). Available December 12, 2004.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't realize how fast this was creeping up on us, but Season I of TOS (as well as Trekkies II)
will be released Aug 31st!!

On a completely unrelated, yet related topic, Futurama Season IV will be out Aug 24th!

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it will be released as early as the 26th (R2 anyway).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

I speak only for those in Region 1; afterall we all know why it is called "Region 1". Am I rite guyz? [Wink]

--------------------

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because 1 is half as much as 2?

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

And twice as much as �.

--------------------

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've pre-ordered all three sets at 95 Euro each.
Nice to see that they are cheaper than TNG and DS9, even though there are more eps per season.
And the boxes look great too. They were on display at FedCon this year.
The picture quality should also be a lot better than that of the TNG/DS9/VOY sets as TOS was recorded on "real" film. Can't wait until September...

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps