Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » GEORGE TAKAI LIKES THE DUDES (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: GEORGE TAKAI LIKES THE DUDES
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NEWS BREAKER

Details to follow, probably, google news it.

Or maybe I will.

I dunno.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=george+takei&btnG=Search+News

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hrm... purusing the summaries on the link page, I have a question.

What are "Strak Fans"?

FawnDoo
Member # 1421

- posted      Profile for FawnDoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was over in Scotland for a convention years back, and I got the impression from the people running it (friends of mine) that they knew way back then, and this con was in the very early 90s. Maybe it was an open secret? I must admit when I saw this thread I was surprised - thought everyone knew about that one. Ah well, since I don't want to be sued by George Takei over something I write about him on a forum, I should probably shut up now! :-D

--------------------
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the same thread, on Starship Modeler:
quote:
Originally posted by jal:
good for him, now.... if we can just get Shatner to admit he`s bald.....

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my!
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is no shocker... I met him and his partner on a gay cruise before. I guess it was somewhat of an open secret though... gay Trekkies knew well in advance in one form or another.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. I was almost surprised that there was next to nothing about his orientation, even hint-wise, in his Trek autobiography.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the same thing as Mark when reading his autobiography. Still, good for him.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is truly sad that he (or anyone) had to keep a nearly two decade long relationship "secret" - though as said above apparently it wasn't something that his friends didn't know about.

Actually, I'm just glad he's doing well. When I saw his picture in the news I was afraid it was going to say that he had joined Bones and Scotty.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does it really matter?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, intrinsically? No, of course not. But sexual orientation is obviously still a huge issue in most parts of the world.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, uh, who cares that he's gay?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, uh, who cares that he's gay?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He and his boyfriend, probably, for two.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Good for them. I'm just wondering why we need a thread to talk about it in.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps