Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » So what IS with those dolphins, anyway? (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: So what IS with those dolphins, anyway?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good lad.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That is sick... the article I mean. As for the udon... I've seen Filipinos eat dog before so that's more disturbing to me.
Well, by YOUR standards its disturbing. By the Hindus', we're eating holy hamburgers, here. Humans are strange animals. We'll eat tons of things but once we name them (pets) or find a different use for them (dogs, horses) then it becomes disgusting to eat them. I'm sure it turns somebody's stomach to see someone eating a cute widdle lamb...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more of a meat/gristle ratio that keeps cats and dogs off the mainstream menu.

Horse is really really gamey. They flavor it with all kinds of additives just to get dogs to eat it (and yes kiddies, Horse is called "beef" in pet food).

Compare that with great foods that are not pets but not generally eaten by westerners, (squid, eel, ostrich etc.) and you'll see that there's alot of meatier animals for mass consumption.
...and it's not as though we eat a lot of edible other things that are not pets either (rattlesnake is very good, as is aligator tail).

Which beings us back to Dolphins- if no one is eating them (and I've never heard of anyone dong so in any culture, regardless of desperation) they must really taste like shit. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They seem like they would be kind of...I don't know...rubbery, or something.

Why are we talking about this again?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
(rattlesnake is very good, as is aligator tail).

Croc is nice, so is Emu, Kangaroo and Wallaby.

I also like venison, ostrich and rabbit.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
They seem like they would be kind of...I don't know...rubbery, or something.

Why are we talking about this again?

Mabye it's their coloring- very squid-like on the outside, but I think it's more red and meaty like tuna.

We're talking about this because I want a dolphin roll with wasabi and ginger and as a break from that whole "abortion thread". [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't eat me with your wasabi and dolphin!

They look like there's quite a lot of meat on them. Know any Japanese or Icelandic fishermen?

Andrew - I don't know about crocodiles, but vennison is nice! Has anybody tried veal? I would, but I feel guilty just looking at it on a menu. Same with fois grois (sp? - you know, goose liver pate). Are my morals keeping me from a good meal?

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Veal is []allright[/i]- I've only had it done parmisian style, and frankly, I prefer chicken.

There's lots of bizarre stuff available here that I've not tried- curry goat, ox tail, (thosae are mostly Jamacian dishes).
Rabbit sound worth trying, as does deer (not being from the north, it's not available here), but shit like oposum or squirrel is just...wrong.

I've eaten chocolate-covered grasshoppers before- really very good. Sorta like nestle's crunch meets chocolat-covered popcorn.

Anyone eaten turtle?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you DARE eat turtle - all turtle species are endangered.

Rabbit and Venison are not so 'unusual' to eat - just go to a nice restraunt and they will often serve it very well prepared... I love rabbit.

Crocodile tastes like... chicken. [Smile]

Veal - veal is beautiful. Veal Schnitzel - lovely. Veal parmegiana. Veal Marsala *nice*. Veal Fungi.

I wouldn't eat Froi Grois as I was looking in a book one day and one very small portion of Froi Grois has the fat equivalent of like 10 bags of chips - or something crazy like that.

I've eaten black ants... but they were by mistake - I left a biscuit on a fridge once - this was when I was like 7 and I remembered about it later - and of course the ants had found it - and I reached up and popped it in my mouth and it was like... uhhh uhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhh! very sharp acidic taste [Wink] I ran inside the house and got the tomato sauce and started swigging it down to eliminate the taste!! [Smile]

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Eat some deep-fried tortilla chips and guacamole.
Might as well inject fat directly into your arteries.

Damn tasty though!

What do yuo mean turtles are endangered? People have Box and Snapping turtles as pets here...occasionally, you'll see their run over shells roadside when driving across state.

I say we have a race between tortise and hare: which one can I wok up fastest...
I'm thinking barbeque rabbit and teriaki turtle. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, turtles are not endangered here. They're everywhere.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

OK sorry I think what I read must refer to all open-sea turtles. Green turtle, loggerhead turtle etc.

BTW, just got back from dinner - had venison! BEAUTIFUL!

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I've had turtle soup, and it was truthfully not much different in taste from ordinary chicken soup to me.

I tried rabbit once, too, but found it to be a bit stringy.

What I did like a lot though was bear meat, though it too was kind of gamey.

So, yeah, uh, dolphins...

...you know, Star Trek, people?????

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it ethical to eat replicated human meat?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an interesting concept. Although I'd imagine that the replicators would be hardwired to not replicate meat from any member races of the UFP...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps