Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Picard's Second Command (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Picard's Second Command
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm putting this here because there's not really a TNG spot that I could find.

I've come to the conclusion that Picard must have commanded a ship between the Stargazer and the Enterprise D. He talls Tasha's sister in "Legacy" TNG that his ship responded to a distress call that Lt. Yar was assisting in and he decided then to have her on his NEXT command. This ship couldn't have been the Enterprise D because Yar was on board that ship before Picard. Couldn't be the Stargazer either, because Yar would've have been a child, if she was even born, when the Stargazer was destroyed.

It's possible that Picard served in some sort of black ops capacity and thus has never spoken about that ship or the events that took place there.

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't remember ever hearing of another ship, but it is an interesting speculation.

Anybody know when the Stargazer went boom, and what Picard was doing between times?

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Stargazer destroyed in 2355. Eight years between then and the Enterprise.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

jh
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of always took it as a given that he had a ship between the Stargazer and the Enterprise. Beyond the Yar bit of chronology In "The Battle" they give the date that it was lost and there is definite mention that "the Picard Maneuver" is standard tactical teaching at the Academy so you have to figure that someone on the Ent-D had been taught that (Worf maybe? or one of the younger crewmembers). Plus it just seems unlikely to me that they would have given such an advanced (at the time) ship like the E-D to a captain whose only previous command was a Constellation class, even if he did command it for a long time. Which is another question, given his approximate age, how long did he have the Stargazer?

------------------
Proverbs for Paranoids, 3: If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he commanded the Stargazer for about 22 years (which actually puts Picard in his 70s or 80s I believe). And there had been many years between the big Stargazer bang and the Ent D.

------------------

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard was born in 2305. It is now 2376 (I think). He would be 71.

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, and he only appears to be 59 years old!

------------------
"This is where the adventure is. This is where heroes are made." - Dr. Bashir
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plastic Surgery?

------------------
"One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor". George Carlin

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Increased lifespan. I get the impression that McCoy's age in "Encounter at Farpoint" wasn't that unusual, even for a medical genius.
Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yet here he is chasing after 30 and 40 year old women. Picard's a dirty old man.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A healthy intake of the spice, perhaps.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Is that a reference to Dune? IS IT? Don't make fun of Dune, man. Those heart plugs were coooool!

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol is actually our chief Dune fan.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I can't find any good quotations." - Frank G

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought he was our ONLY Dune fan. . . which is probably the same thing. 8)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And as said Dune fan, I'll avoid noticing the fact that it is the movie being referenced.

------------------
"Quadrilateral I was, now I warp like a smile."
--
Soul Coughing

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps