Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » NO 2008 TREK (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: NO 2008 TREK
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wondered about that movie thing, too. The Wikipedia says that, apparently, the new Clone Wars TV show will be introduced via a feature film this August.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful, more Star Wars movies...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
August 15th.
And there's gonna be a limited re-release of Episode III next year.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See the new Clone Wars trailer here.
Looks good to me, but then I was a fan of the Genndy Tartakovsky series. Speaking of which, it looks like this series will be set around the same time, one would assume it's not contradicting that show, just building on it. The bit with Asajj Ventress seams to indicate that, at least.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
August 15th.
And there's gonna be a limited re-release of Episode III next year.

--Jonah

Where did you hear about the Ep.III re-release?
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not about the fact that it wasn't good writing, but Trek V and some other things just don't fit into Trek very well. It'd at least have to be changed to be consistent - how the hell did they get to the center of the galaxy that fast, for example? It'd at least need to be changed to take place inside some other anomalous area of space. And things like Voyagers "faster than light, no left or right" which flatly contradict everything we've ever heard in Trek previous would have to be de-canonized - and it's either de-canonize the episode or just come out and say "Yeah well, they all didn't *realize* you couldn't turn at warp, and neither did the bad guys. But then they remembered."
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
Where did you hear about the Ep.III re-release?

I'm in the 501st, and so is Jen. She's in the Neon City Garrison in Vegas, and she just let me know about it. I don't know where all it's going ot be, but Vegas is evidently going to be one of the cities. I'll ask around and see what other cities...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
501st...Airbourne?

Or some club in vegas?

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/501st_Legion

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Or their web site. [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. I'm a gamer Nerd but they excede my nerd power level by 9000...

woah. ...and i thought some of the chicks Cosplaying 'Gally' at Anime Expo '04 were hot...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having played through Star Wars Battlefront 2 twice already, I should have remembered that.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this chick, Caroline Loveless, who's somehow gotten herself sort of well-known at cons among Star Wars fans...she's always boring me with pictures of her in costume or with one of the Wars actors or with 501st people. I never cared as long as she let me play with those MasterReplica lightsabers...
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

My lab teacher would marry her.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

She is a lesbian. But gay marriage is illegal in most states still [Wink]
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps