Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » what do you think the 5th series will be about? (5th series spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: what do you think the 5th series will be about? (5th series spoilers)
grb
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rick Berman has revealed that the 5th series will take place on a starfleet starship. Some company was commisioned to make props i think it was for series 5, and were told that the show would take place 400 years in the future. As the company itself did not exsist in the 24th centruy, I think that this means series 5 is gonna take place 400 years into our furture, that is the late 24th or early 25th century. Berman also said that this series is unlike any trek before (that is actually the same thing he said about DS9 and Voyager before they started, and he was probabaly in someway right for both of them). Berman also said that this new show would go more back to the heart of trek than any other series.

Now what does anyone think this series might be about? Guessing might get us no where, but it might be intresting. I'm gonna guess on a starfleet ship exploring the gamma quadrant of a now peaceful dominion. Think of it, such a series would explore issues back at the root of trek (a hopeful view of the furture in which we have given up war for peace). Any other ideas? BTW, guessing that the new starfleet ship would be some kind of exissting class i believe would lead to an incorrect guess. I'm sure that the ship would be a new one. There are some viewers ou there who might just watch the series to get a look at the ships, and paramount would loose these few viewers if they used an exsisting design.

------------------

IP: Logged
Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given the era in which Series-5 will take place, and the statement of Berman that the series will be entirely something else, I guess it will be about a Starfleet Timeship (like the Aeon and Relativity).

OTOH, if the series will get back to the roots of Trek, I think that Starfleet is able to conduct intergalactic travel (transwarp? quantum slipstream?), and meets an enemy in the Andromeda Galaxy. A new war.

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53672:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Miranda class vessels, as good as new! Survived the Dominion Wars! Only 100 years old! Only 20,000 ly on the counter! Buy now for only $1000! And if you order now, you get an Oberth class for half the price!"

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want a timeship-series or a 24th/25th-century-series. There are 3 series in this time, that's enough.

Back to the 23rd century!!!

------------------
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want a new series at ALL. At least not until 2010.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree....

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH MY GOD!!! What have they done? The entire Star Trek timeline will be further contaminated, contradicted, and be shit. What the hell are they thinking? Why don't they just continue down the current timeline?

------------------
The world is not enough, but it is such a perfect place to start my love
And if you're strong enough, together we can take the world apart my love

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO PREQUEL!

I think A fresh start in the future (25th century or further) is a good idea. The TNG-DS9-Voy timeline hasn't got much to offer any more.
Let's see:
- DS9 has ended.
- TNG's last movie is coming next year.
- Voyager's last season ends next year.

I think 2001 is a nice year to end the complete TNG-DS9-Voy timeline (Except maybe for a few Voyager movies).

They need to make a step forward into the future to move beyond the TNG-DS9-VOY timeline. Make a fresh start. I sertainly hope it's going to be a 29th century series.

------------------
"Do you want to be President?"
"Yes."
"Put you hand on the book and say 'I do'."
"I do."
"Good, done. Let's eat!"

- G'kar and Sheridan, Babylon 5.

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*agrees*

However I still like my idea of an intergalactic war. What do you guys think?

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53672:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Miranda class vessels, as good as new! Survived the Dominion Wars! Only 100 years old! Only 20,000 ly on the counter! Buy now for only $1000! And if you order now, you get an Oberth class for half the price!"

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah! And continuity!
DS9 proved that continuity can make a series successful.
Voyager proved that continuity can make a series successful.

So put in that continuity!

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?' "
- Buffy

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited July 08, 2000).]

grb
Ex-Member

all right, so you're saying that an intergalatic war will go back to what is truly trek!?! Star trek is about PEACE, not war.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but peace is boring.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Canadian bacon is called that because it's made from Canadians. And while I'm on the subject, could you people cut back on the fish and rodents and eat more fruits and berries? It would vastly improve your flavor, in my opinion." - Simon Sizer

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

I have to agree with Frank here...

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

grb
Ex-Member

Whatever you opinion on war in trek is, berman said that the new series wa more trek than any other since TNG, and this proabably means a show that has a rather peaceful setting overall. Sure there will still be conflicts and enemies, but no full scale war. BTW, i would not want to watch a trek compleytely about war. DS9 was about alot more than just the war. i think a trek series focusing on war would be pretty sad. it would turn out more like that show "space:above and beyond" which is now restriceted to being on the air at about 2pm on sunday afternoons here cause it became so bad.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Babylon 5? It was rather successful and it revolved around wars.

------------------
"Huh. An intelligent guard. I never would have guessed."
-Preed, Titan A.E.

jh
Ex-Member

geez, how long are these things gonna go on? By the time everyone finishes talking about the 5th series anything they do roll out is going to be anti-climatic.

------------------
Kiff! I have bedded a woman. Inform the crew.
- Zap Brannigan

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps