Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » what do you think the 5th series will be about? (5th series spoilers) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: what do you think the 5th series will be about? (5th series spoilers)
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OTOH, didn't Twin Peaks have a fairly continuity driven storyline for its first season? And didn't ratings drop whe they found out the murderer, and it just became another soap?

------------------
"I can't believe we're actually gonna meet Guru Lou. Everyone says he's the wisest man in the universe. He's sensitive, creative, has a great sense of humour, and he's a really smooth dancer. *giggles*"
"You're confused Polly. We're not meeting Paul Newman."
- Polly & Speedy; Samurai Pizza Cats

Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*stands up*

*standing ovation*

The_Tom: I must say that I agree with every point of your post. Smashing speech!

*drops back in his chair*

------------------
Advertisement in the United Federation NewsPADD, SD 53675:

"Now for sale at your local dealer: Antares class vessels, as good as new! They can shapeshift! Everybody in the galaxy has one! Now for only $800!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although what about Buffy? It's very continutity driven, although largely within a season.

Each year they build up to a big baddie. They kill him, and then (largely) whipe the slate clean. Howsabout that approach?

------------------
"I can't believe we're actually gonna meet Guru Lou. Everyone says he's the wisest man in the universe. He's sensitive, creative, has a great sense of humour, and he's a really smooth dancer. *giggles*"
"You're confused Polly. We're not meeting Paul Newman."
- Polly & Speedy; Samurai Pizza Cats

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I'm not entirely sure what was behind the demise of Twin Peaks, aside from people being generally afraid of David Lynch.

But I think there are examples of popular shows that do maintain tighter continuity than the norm, and by tighter I mean any at all. But there has to be more to it then that.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well whatever it is, it'll probably be on UPN's piddling network, which means I won't get to watch it, at least not in first-run, when the ratings count.

What's hurting Trek now is that nobody can see it. :P

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder when they'll finally release the information. It seems like most people are dying here.

------------------
Creator of Project Phoenix

quote:
Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.
-Matt Groening
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5th series information?? Where? I wanna have! I wanna wanna ARGH... *thud*

------------------
"I think I speak for everyone here when I say, 'Huh?'."
- Buffy

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a feeling we are going to all be praising Voyager when series V becomes reality. I honestly think that a series based on time travel is the safest bet, or maybe just the least offending to think about.

Any thoughts?

------------------
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A series on time travel?!?!?!?!

*runs into the bathroom to vomit*

I swear if a time travel series becomes reality I'll......I'll......Well, I don't know what I'll do, but it will be serious. As for the speach The_Tom made, I have one comment: BRILLIANT SPEACH!!!!!!!!!! I completly agree!!!!!!

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

For a good selection of pay-to-surf web sites go to www.refercentral.com/cammodude

[This message has been edited by Cammodude (edited August 06, 2000).]

IP: Logged
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that a series similar to New Frontier is the best idea I've heard so far.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While a series based on New Frontier would be interesting, it would be very difficult to pull off. Firstly, Peter David has said that he doesn't want NF to be on television. Secondly, some of the characters would be hard. Kebron? How do you create a moving mountain cheap enough to be used every week? And what about all the SFX? A giant flaming bird? The Black Mass? The Thul Sphere? The Quiet Place?

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't mean actually BASED on NF. Just similar. Like that ST: Leeds that someone suggested a while back. Local empire colapses (Rommies, Cardies, whate'er), and a ship goes through their space helping what they can.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My series?

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps