Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Movie (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Next Movie
Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoilers may lie ahead....

Hey, everyone in here has been doing a lot of chat about the next series, but has there been any talk on the next movie? Any plot ideas or information regarding the last TNG movie? What about a release date?

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

[This message has been edited by Sidewinder (edited August 08, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Sidewinder (edited August 08, 2000).]

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give up on editing my message.

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

------------------
There's a lady who knows, all that glitters is gold...and she's buying a stairway to heaven. -Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The anticipation for a foul up in December of 2001 is great. With the pressure on Berman to turn Star trek into a mass market cash cow from an intelligent niche show by Paramount executives (can you not see this in Voyager?), ST:X will probably be an action movie with little substance.

I'm sure we can see the trailors now ...

Announcer: When there lies trouble in the galaxy ...
{Cut scene with Picard cursing "Die! @#^$& Borks!" as he blows up a Borg Cube}
Who are you going to call on?
{Another cut scene with the Queen, cackling "We'll get him yet ... come to me Lecutis"}
Introducing a movie experience with twice as many pointless explosions and non-stop action, the creators of Star Trek bring you ... {music, tone pauses}

Star Trek: eXtreme ...

I hope I'm surprised ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 08, 2000).]

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the horrid spelling deliberate?

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a slightly more serious note, since this is likely to be the final TNG movie, I think that a reasonable plot would involve Data actually becoming human (and no, don't ask me to explain how). It'd kinda make sense to finally fulfil his wish. Of course, he may not still have that wish, due to the emotion chip.

I also like the idea of a political thing, like ST6. The crew has one last chance to change the face of the galaxy. Maybe unification talks with the Klingons and the Romulans? Could be the starting point for a new series involving a ship going through the remaints of Cardassia...

An idea just struck me. What if the Dominion suddenly fell? No one knows why. All we know is that SOMEONE completely and utterly defeated them. A fleet of, say, twenty ships goes through the wormhole to explore what used to be Dominion territory. They get there, and split up. They stay within a reasonable distance of each other, obviously, so the central ship can get reenfocrements if need be. They fly around, rendering assistance where possible, and seeking clues about this new possible threat.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One interesting question is, if they do another TNG movie, will Geordi have his implants back, or will his regrown eyes have stayed intact?

------------------
"Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
-Matt Groening

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do believe that the Klingon's will play an integral part in the next movie.

Worf is an Ambassador now, and the only way to get him in the movie is through a Klingon plot. Of course, Braga's probably involved, and so Worf will most likely be assigned to the Enterprise-E's crack greenhouse staff.

------------------
"Ultra Magnus is Undeniably Fun!" David Stevens, New York Magazine.
"Total Complete excitement from start to finish!" -WPIX-TV, New York
"This isn't a thrill ride, it's a rocket..." -Richard Caves, Time Magazine.

Sidewinder
Member # 50

I doubt that the Dominion will be involved....

Seems as if that is only for DS9 and I doubt that the writers would want to go there with a sort of mixing between series.

But, according to Trek tradition, this movie should kick a$s.

------------------

Amadeus
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Precisely. An even number, and number 10 at that. Its reported that Brent Spiner is working with Berman and this other guy on the script, so Data will most likely have a very large role.

------------------
Proxima Centauri or Bust
[email protected]

IP: Logged
Alpha Centauri
Usually seen somewhere in the Southern skies
Member # 338

- posted      Profile for Alpha Centauri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a note: even-numbered movies are the best:

• ST I (The Motion Picture)
    Not bad, but not kicking serious ass.

• ST II (The Wrath of Khan)
    Cool plot, kicks ass.

• ST III (The Search for Spock)
    BAH!

• ST IV (The Voyage Home)
    The story is trash, but it's a nice integration of Star Trek with 20th century culture. Nice to watch.

• ST V (The Final Frontier)
    BAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! not good...

• ST VI (The Undiscovered Country)
    Very interesting story, action-filled, but still relevant.

• ST VII (Generations)
    I don't like this... Kirk brought back to life, I don't like the idea. Another crazy scientist, might be great for B-movies, but not for Trek.

• ST VIII (First Contact)
    The best of all nine.

• ST IX (Insurrection)
    Not sh*t, but I just don't like it somehow. There are inconsistancies in the plot, and the producers layed emphasis upon the actionesque element instead on the scifi element.

Just my opinions. I've only given them to prove my theory that even-number movies are the best.

------------------

ALPHA CENTAURI

Human Class - Starfleet registry NCC-75715
    Launched stardate 8311.23 - Parental Biology Yards
    United Federation of Planets

"A dedication motto? What about it?" - Alpha Centauri

• Sidewinder
    Member # 50

Your opinions are shared by most everyone.

The next movie probably will be a ground breaking...

Best movie coming up!

------------------

TSN
    I'm... from Earth.
    Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    I've never understood what everyone has against TSfS...

------------------
    "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then, suddenly, it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come."
    -Matt Groening

[This message has been edited by TSN (edited August 09, 2000).]

Nim
    The Aardvark asked for a dagger
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    Me neither. And as for pointless explotions, I've always felt there were to few battle-scenes in Trek-movies, which kinda made them more appreciated.

My favourites are Khan's and Chang's.
    FC was wonderful, but the torps kinda lost their feel, like they were throwing baseballs at an elephant.

As for ST:X, I trust they will make an OK story. My only wish is that we can see a wide variety of ship-classes.

But I wonder if a ST-movie could pull off not being in a life-death situation. If you think about it, all movies have been about that.
    It would be very nice if they never were under any threat to anyone's life and you still left the cinema with a smile. I mean, there ARE movies like that. Is Star Trek too weak not to be about heroes and villains?

------------------
    Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
    Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
    Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
    How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
    How dare you, Dangerboy?
    I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 09, 2000).]

Nim
    The Aardvark asked for a dagger
    Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    *hears approaching group with sticks, shotguns and torches*
    Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
    astronauts gotta get paid
    Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
    *understatementspeak*
    quote:
    ST V (The Final Frontier)
    BAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! not good...

*/understatementspeak*

------------------
    "What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
    - Dave Barry

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
    HTML is enabled.
    UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps