Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Movie (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Next Movie
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the X-Files movie, hmm?

------------------
"The kingdom of God is inside you, and all around you; not in a building of stone or wood. Split a piece of wood, and I will be there. Lift a stone, and you will find me."
-The Gospel of Jesus, Stigmata

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny, you must have been watching a different version of "Space Seed" then we got in this universe. Ours didn't end on a cliffhanger with "To Be Continued...In A Theater Near You!" emblazoned in funky red lettering.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said "connected". You didn't say "directly follow on from".

It does need to have a sense of scale. Yeah, there are movies where people don't die, but do you want a sci-fi version of Friends? Actually, I do, but still...

And it still amuses me when people keep saying "The most important thing is for it to have new ship classes in it!" or "The most important thing is for it to have Nebula-class ships in it", or "The most inportant thing is continuity", or "the most important thing is for the movie to adress why Picard's Stargazer model was missing from his office during 'The Battle'". Bollocks. The most important thing is a good story. Everything else is negotiable.

And what do you mean:
"With the pressure on Berman to turn Star trek into a mass market cash cow from an intelligent niche show by Paramount executives"

Star Trek's been a mass-market cash-cow for well over a decade now. The Next Generation was as close to mass market/mainstream as Trek has got on TV, and the Trek films usually do pretty well as the box office. Star Trek IS mass market. It's DS9 and Voyager that aren't.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've noticed something about three of the four most successful Trek Movies. These three usually involve a nemesis introduced in the Trek Eps.

For instance:
- STII: Khan, Kirk's Nemesis from "Space Seed".
- STVI: The Klingons, Kirk's other nemesis.
- STFC: The Borg, Picard's nemesis.

The fourth is STIV, but in that movie, there IS no nemesis.

Wonder what the next movie is going to bring?

SCSI: Someone over here also coined the term "Borgy" (sorry, couldn't resist)

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited August 14, 2000).]

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, then lets think of possible enemies for the next movie:

1. Romulans??
2. Dominion??
3. Teletubbies??

all possible?

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Kirk had a single man as an enemy, and a group of people as an enemy. Picard's had his group (or maybe the collective counts as a single entity?). Now he needs a single person that makes a good adversary. I mean, nothing exactly like Khan. Can't just copy a previous movie.

I wanna see Sela. It'd fit in will with the reunification movement, and it'd be nice to see Denise in a movie. Having her and Spock in a movie together would be great.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still want to see the E cream a teletubbie!!

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: Uh... Did you watch Generations? Remember Soran? Or even Ru'afo in Insurrection?

------------------
"Me, Grimlock, not 'nice dino'! Me, Grimlock, bash brains!"
-Grimlock, Transformers: The Movie

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, please! No more maniac trying to destroy/ rule the universe/earth!

I think it would be unfair to jump to a voy/tng movie!
What about DS9???? Most of their episodes would fit onto the cinema-screen, especially the battles scenes.
Maybe some O'Brien and Bashir Cameo!

The Breen would make a great adversary in the next movie, but they should not be revealed too much....
Don't let them take their helmets off!
All the mystery would be gone!!!
The same happened in Space-Above&Beyond (or Space2063) with the Chigs.

But i really like Omegas idea! unknown destructors of the dominion will be searched by a Federation Task Force...and finally they find them - the Vaadwaur (the guys from voyager ep "Dragon's Teeth"!

------------------
This is how i prefer the borg... in pieces!!! -- Janeway in Dark Frontier

Seventhworld, the new SciFi-Project
www.seventhworld.de
Soon to be featured StarTrek Nemesis

[This message has been edited by Nemesis (edited August 15, 2000).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I think after seeing bits of Insurrection again this evening - we have to FEEL for the Characters... I was just thinking to myself - especially in the battle scene of Insurrection (don't get me wrong its not that BAD of a movie) that how formulaic is the battle sequence in Insurrection... Of course the big E was going to pull through... of course the Bak'u would be saved... there was nothing COMPELLING to pull/YANK you into the other side/last half of the movie.

If you really don't CARE or can see that your characters are going to 'win' always - then you're attention is not really going to be held for long is it.

Think of the Great Trek movies... II: Spock's death, the Enterprise in pieces... stranded inside the Genesis planet etc. etc. VI: The tension between the Klingons and the Feds... Kirk and McCoys trial/them giving themselves up/the race to Khitomer etc.

First Contact: Set the future right... First Contact... Picard dealing with the Borg - Data's alliegence - the fate of the Big E... Picard loosing it with Lilly.

Great stuff.

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sort of curious to know just how Picard intended to 'slow things down' in the Federation. It sounded to me like he was talking about the necessity to 'clean house' as it were.

Although after DS9, I think I've had enough of Section 31-style conspiracies.

Exploration/Adventure.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nemesis:

Thanks, but I should have posted that in a thread about the next series, not here.

TSN:

I meant a really great villan from the series that REALLY hates Picard (and NOT Bok!). Maybe Sela doesn't have that exact characteristic, but they could plausably work up her having a grudge against Data, seeing how he's ruined all three of her plans that we've seen, presumably getting her in trouble. I'd like that. Again, reunification is the way to go. Gotta have at least some mention of Spock, if not an actual appearance, and you could bring Worf in in a decent manner (unlike Insurrection), as the Romulans effectively joining the Federation could definitely cause some tensions with the Klingons. Built-in villan. The only pitfall I see is that you risk copying ST6, but that should be reasonably easy to avoid.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, like I said before, I Guarantee you that there will not be a Voyager movie.

This will be the timeline.

June 2001: Voyager Finishes.
Sept 2001: Series V Starts.
December 2002: Star Trek: X.
December 2008: Star Trek: XI, featuring Series V cast.

I know this, for I am a rabbit.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For Star Trek X, I wouldn't mind seeing a really off the wall ending, or resolution.

For example, I was watching an episode of 'The Practice' a while ago, and although I only caught a bit of it, I saw a scene in which a "villian" had tied Dylan/Duncan/Stacey McDermott to a chair, and had a gun at his chest.

Which was about as entertaining as an episode of 'Pregnancy Story' on TLC. Obviously the "villian" was not going to kill their main star, not with his millions of dollars contract.

So in ST:X, they should do that. Have Picard or somebody in an unwinnable situation, and just when the audience thinks 'Oh, he's gonna get out safe' - POW!

That I'd go see.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
December 2002: Star Trek: X

I think Berman said quite clearly that ST:X would be released in December 2001. He said they're drawing up a script right now for the movie, as well as for Series V ...

Then again, he could just be putting us off ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 15, 2000).]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps