Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Movie (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Next Movie
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what I meant. Damn typos.

------------------
"What happens if a big asteroid hits the Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad."
- Dave Barry

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ultra Magnus... I was thinking of 'The Practice' as well! Those sort of endings was what attracted me to that FINE show... They don't just wrap it up all nicely...

The episodes that pulled me in were with "Anderson Pearson" Instead of "Not Guilty" it was "Guilty" and it just pulled away with the three lawyers just standing there in disbelief...

Another - where Bobby made his client change his plea at the very last minute... and it ended up the guy was found not guilty anyway! AMAZING STUFF.

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawyer Dramas. Oh, puh-leeze. I wonder what it would sound like if the shows were actual live court room broadcasts ...

Defendant's Attorney: I think it is quite clear that the city garbage municipality has caused emotional damagae to my client. The city has refused to clean its main disposal facility for many years past its due date--
Plaintiff's Attourney: Objection! The city has done everything in its power to ensure the physchological well-being of its employees ...

And so on. For days at a time. Or how about those cases debating residential zoning violations, in which someone builds a structure on their property less than five feet within the end of the property line ...

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

"Woman is deprived of rights from lack of education, and the lack of education results from the absence of rights. We must not forget that the subjection of women is so complete, and dates from such distant ages, that we are often unwilling to recognize the gulf that separates them from us."

Tolstoy, on a more objective note.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Sela dead? Data performed the Vulcan Death Grip/Neck Pinch on Sela. It was supposed to explain why she hasn't been seen in any subsequent episode.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weeeell, in one of the NF books, Soleta and Selar entered her mind to get information, and she just shut her brain down. Whether or not she'll survive.... *shrug*

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but NF isn't canon, so it could just be ignored. And the vulcan neck pinch doesn't kill people. Spock used it on McCoy in ST2, and that dude on the bus in 4.

There was the Vulcan death grip, but it wasn't real. It was just part of a ploy to steal a cloak in "The Enterprise Incident".

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, the Vulcan neck pinch only knocks people out for a while. The "Vulcan death grip" Spock and Kirk faked in "The Enterprise Incident" didn't even involve neck-pinching. I think it was more of a head-grab thing...

------------------
"They might be the infamous buzzard collectors for what we know, grabbing hapless space avians so that they don't end up as smears in the windshield."
-Timo Saloniemi, 16-Aug-2000

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, you really think that Data would have just killed her like that? With only a jokey "not bad" from Spock as follow-through? No chance. She's alive if they want her to be alive.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! people are looking at me ;o) Everyone, just think that scene through again with what Liam just said... the "not bad bit" and Data "just killing her" with the "Death grip" LOL! Its bloody hilarious... Killing machines (literally) that complement each other on their fine work LOL!

------------------
"I threw bitter tears at the ocean
But all that came back was the tide..." 'I Will Not Forget You' Sarah McLachlan

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps