Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Next Movie (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Next Movie
Sidewinder
Member # 50

- posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, doesn't the Trek movie thing sorta follow the "death is going to bring in money" approach. In each film, someone was about to die, from the whole planet to Kirk falling off the mountian in ST5.

------------------

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I heard on a Trek news thing that the writer is the same guy that wrote Gladiator. That makes me think that it might be a little 'action packed'.

--------------------

Quantum Threshold--Redesigned!
Avalon Sector--Redesigned!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, it can have action, but it can't neglect characters...

It can have characterisation, that's not an invitation for comedy.

It has to have drama

It has to have an 'epic' feel.

It has to be quintessentially Star Trek

It has to have a decent plot.

It can't retread old ideas.

I don't think Brannon Braga should be involved.

It SHOULDN'T involve any characters from other Treks.

It should have good effects, I think they might need ILM back.

It shouldn't be an effects fest.

It has to have more CRUSHER (Beverly)

I will be upset if they neglect her AGAIN. Just look at her fantabulous episodes... "Remember Me" "The High Ground" "The Arsenal of Freedom" "Suspicions" - even "Sub Rosa" as crap as it was was... good. MORE BEVERLY!

We have to see old Starship classes again - not NEW designs but old ones 'spruced up' like the Nebbie again.

but the last point isn't exactly a 'has to be'.

Andrew

------------------
"Neil says hi by the way" - Tear In Your Hand, Tori Amos

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know about that "other characters" thing. I'd like to involve Spock and the reunification movement somehow.

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about Q.

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I don't think Brannon Braga should be involved."

Agreed.

But may I remind you that the movie has to have CONTINUITY. And we all know that Braga is infamous for ignoring it.

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited August 10, 2000).]

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was thinking that they could end Voyager with a cliff-hanger (the very last ep) then conclude the plot in the ST:X. Not only would you drive ticket sales just to see what happens, you'd give Voyager a distinction that would make up for the recent seasons poor writing.

There are many possible scenarios. We could have Voyager find another caretaker/wormhole/drive-of-the-week and be coming towards the Alpha Quadrant a la Timeless, with maybe a fleet of Borg cubes following. Then, in the movie, the MIDAS device might recieve a message from Voyager saying they were coming home. When the Enterprise greets them, out pops Voyager with the Borg behind them.

Or we could have an Elite Forceish idea where Voyager is caught in some imovable void or field, and then in the movie the Enterprise has to come and rescue them ... Then again Voyager could end the series with everything hunckey-dory, about to arrive at the Alpha Quadrant, when it is discovered in the movie that everyone on Voyaegr is infected with a contagion that could threaten the Alpha Quadrant.

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

[This message has been edited by SCSImperium (edited August 10, 2000).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there are many theories.
Just to make it clear, are there NO hints from Paramount about starting or preparing production of this movie? No booked actors?

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 10, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited August 10, 2000).]

Cammodude
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those ideas for a Voyager/Tng movie sound good. However I honestly think is time to bring Q back. I have a few ideas for a Q movie, but I would hate to disclose them because I don't want somebody else taking them.

As for Star Trek XI (Insurrection), maybie it's just me, but I thought it was just as good as ST:FC.

------------------
"If I knew you were coming I would have baked a cake...learned to sing....stop me Gage!"
--Aurther
The Journeyman Project 3

For a good selection of pay-to-surf web sites go to www.refercentral.com/cammodude

IP: Logged
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are rumors that there will be a giant space battle. But in my opinion I would like to see only yhr eEnterprise and perhaps a few other ships maybe a Galaxy or two but nothing like in the hundreds. This givesthe audience thinking "Ok if the Enterprise blows up they got plenty more" The one on one battles like in Star Trek II (my favorite movie of all Star Trek) In this movie I loved the feel of it that's all.

If they make a action-packed movie then it wouldn't be Star Trek at all. Yes the orginal Star Trek was supposed to be like that but the TNG crew isn't. I loved Glaidator and if they make Star Trek like that then the fans who loved TNG becuase it was a smart and popular series will no like that movie.

By the way extremely understated how bad Star Trek 5 was. "Bahhhh.....not good" It's more like "the worse peice of $%^&* in movie history.

------------------
Predict the unpredictable, but how do you unpredict the unpredictable?

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still pulling for "Star Trek X: First of Two Conquers the Universe"

or "Star Trek : Voyager : Survivor" bringing back the old 'audience-interactive' gimmick... every few minutes, you get to choose which Voyager crewmember gets assimilated, blown out an airock, fried by an exploding conduit, etc.

but then, I'm insane.

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

[This message has been edited by First of Two (edited August 10, 2000).]

SCSImperium
Member # 397

- posted      Profile for SCSImperium     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To steal one of the best lines from TOP,

ST:X:Borgasm

------------------
-Small Computer Systems Interface "Scuzzy" Emperor

Operator of the Goulag Hotel, maintainer of the workhouses.

Operator of Cargill Conglomerate Publications, http://www.cargillconglomerate.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the Dominion collapsing thing...

I read a story called Star Trek: Assimilation and it went with the idea that the Dominion was created to protect the Founders from the Borg. Mind you, the story took place during DS9, before the war was over. Voyager and the E-E were involved, and our old buddies Hugh, Riley, Wesley, and The Traveller were involved, too

------------------
"Fragile. Do not drop"
--posted on a Boeing 757

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To claim that Star Trek V belongs among the ranks of the truly awful indicates a lack of experience. Does ST V feature a powerful sorceress who wears nothing but a red tie and flies around with a magic glowing vagina? Visible boom mikes? Tire tracks on the moon? Torgo?

No, The Final Frontier may be a bad Trek movie, and it may be stunningly mediocre, but as far as truly bad films go, the history of cinema is replete with movies so awful your retinas will seperate in order to save the rest of your body.

I remain unconvinced that a Trek film can be directly connected to events from an episode and succeed. The idea sounds doomed to failure, like plans for a Sliders movie. If you want a successful Trek film, and a TNG one at that, you need to look at the best episodes and then say "Like that, but bigger".

------------------
"If Picard was set loose on a Monopoly board, he'd try and establish peaceable diplomatic relations with Marvin Gardens and give St. James Place wide berth so that its culture could develop without interference."
--
L. Fitzgerald Sjoberg
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Because I'm the passenger, and I ride and I ride.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so it can't be connected to an episode, then it fails. But a TNG-movie can look at it's episodes and say "like that, but bigger" and succeed. Hmm...

I think ST:II did it pretty good. And FC was linked to BoBW in many ways.

------------------
Ready for the action now, Dangerboy
Ready if I'm ready for you, Dangerboy
Ready if I want it now, Dangerboy?
How dare you, dare you, Dangerboy?
How dare you, Dangerboy?
I dare you, dare you, Dangerboy...

�on Flux, "Thanatophobia"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps