Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » It's official... (Series V spoilers, sort of) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: It's official... (Series V spoilers, sort of)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Series V info announced.

------------------
Lister: "Cat, what are you doing?"
Cat: "I'm courting."
Lister: "Courting who?"
Cat: "Whoever shows up!"
-Red Dwarf, "Me�"

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's more. Here's a complete cast list (without roles). http://www.trektoday.com/news/110501_01.shtml

------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't heard of any of these people.

Here are some shots of Ms. Blalock: http://www.randallslavin.com/portfolio/joleneblalock2.htm http://www.randallslavin.com/portfolio/joleneblalock1.htm

T'Pau?

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least we know who's going to be the resident eye candy...

------------------
Lister: "Cat, what are you doing?"
Cat: "I'm courting."
Lister: "Courting who?"
Cat: "Whoever shows up!"
-Red Dwarf, "Me�"

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm betting on the '20 year veteran' being doctor Phlox

------------------
"We have a good arrangement. He supplies the weapons, I use them."
- Blade

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

http://www.itaproductions.com/html/john.html - John Billingsley? Two John Billingsley's are listed at imdb.com. This is the same guy shown at TrekToday. He looks like comic relief

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, what a bunch of nobodies. At least DS9 and Voyager had more than one person who'd been in something you'd possibly remember.

------------------
Phasers

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't really care whether their nobodys because if the writings good they probably will grow into the parts.

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly hope so. But look at TNG, they grew into their roles admirably over the years, now didn't they?

------------------
Kryten: Pub? - Ah yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve
advanced states of mental incompetence by the repeated consumption of
fermented vegetable drinks. - Red Dwarf "Timeslides"

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will hate it, hate it, hate it.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

But Bernd, what do you really think?

------------------

Nemesis
Member # 255

- posted      Profile for Nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a sad day for Star Trek...

But there is one little hope out there: it still can be an other series premies instead the prequel.

Ok its silly....

@Bernd: I couldn't agree more ... to your opinion and to your comment on your page...
Especially the topic about the american-centred characters.

StarTrek R.I.P.

------------------
Visit Seventhworld, with its new Sci-Fi project FALLENWALLS
www.seventhworld.de

And of course my own StarTrek Series Project
www.stnemesis.de

Just a preview...

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be a series with bland characters. Agreed, this is what TNG was too in the beginning, but already the characters' names seem to be taken from the book "How to pick a successful stage name" - not to mention that four of the five humans (sorry to all the Brits that I simply include them) are American. Well, at least this is consistent with a humanity that has not yet that far evolved and still adheres to national states - This may be actually the only consistent thing of the show.

The continuity, and this is safe to predict, will be impaired to a degree that all the 600 episodes that will play after "Enterprise" will be rendered questionable. Maybe they try to maintain consistency at the beginning (the Klingon problem can't be solved anyway), but soon they will have a new race, anomaly, or technology every week, all nifty people and things that won't even exist in the 23rd and 24th century.

They will run out of typical 22nd century topics very soon. What should be so interesting about the Klingons once first contact is made? We know what direction interstellar relations must take - unless they let Braga run wild and completely alter history. What else could be so exciting about the 22nd century but not exciting enough to be remembered in the 23rd and 24th century? They didn't even have the new old Enterprise on the E-D ship wall (maybe it was just too ugly?).

The new series will in every case make every mistake that can be made. If they want "Voyager in the 22nd century", why don't they simply continue chronologically in the 24th century where they can show all these nifty new things? If they want something different than Star Trek, they should drop all references to it instead of ruining Star Trek. If they want to show the past history, they *have to adhere to established facts* and this is basically possible only in a single episode or feature film. Even "First Contact", as good as it was as a movie, messed up a lot of things, not to mention "Friendship One". This is only a little taste of what the new series can and will screw up in seven seasons.

I'm so disenchanted about all this. I said I would give the new series a chance, but all its prerequisites are just too bad. Wrong time, bland characters, short-sighted premise, plus Berman & Braga at the helm - it couldn't be worse. The really only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing all the old new tech - I'm confident that at least the regular technology will look reasonable even though I will never accept the early transporter.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

BTW, I just remembered the old discussion back in 1999 when I was upset about some people who didn't want a 5th series. Seeing what it's going to be, I now have to admit that there would be better no new series than such an ill considered premise, made to appeal to occasional viewers as opposed to fans who see the Star Trek Universe, its consistency and its spirit, as a whole.

------------------
Ex Astris Scientia

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Told you so, Bernd. 8)

------------------
Phasers

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps