Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » It's official... (Series V spoilers, sort of) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: It's official... (Series V spoilers, sort of)
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I just said to Nimmychops on ICQ, "Scott Bakula IS Captain Jackson Proton!"

Well, I hope all of you who said "I don't care what the show is about or how bad it is, so long as it's Trek" are feeling suitably embarrassed now. . . 8)

------------------
Phasers

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, there is a book series out there that has the premise of birth of the Federation. I�ve only read excerpts of it, but it sounds good. The ships are the Daedalus-class, there are only 8 captains in the entire starfleet, and so on. Fascinating :-)
Weird that the premise of the new show should also be about this early period.
I wonder.....

------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity�s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, Do TPTB KNOW Voyager is the least popular of all series?
And do they intend to change anything?

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Hasn't read one iota of any of the above links, but...*

I can't wait to see the type of personal weapons folks have (c.f. the FC Calico-like machine gun).

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thursday May 10, 9:14 pm Eastern Time
Press Release
SOURCE: Paramount Network Television
Scott Bakula to Star as Captain Archer in Paramount Network Television's ENTERPRISE, the Newest 'Star Trek' Series
Bakula Also Extends Development Deal With the Studio
HOLLYWOOD, May 10 /PRNewswire/ -- Golden Globe Award-winning actor Scott Bakula has signed on to star as Captain Jonathan Archer in the new Paramount Network Television drama series ENTERPRISE. Further, Bakula has extended his first-look development deal with the studio, it was announced today by Garry Hart, president of the Network Television Division of the Paramount Television Group.

In the fifth installment of the landmark ``Star Trek'' franchise, Bakula will portray Captain Jonathan Archer, a physical and intensely curious captain with a bold personality. Although he has a strong sense of duty, he is a bit of a renegade and is not afraid to question orders or even disobey them if he feels in his gut that he is right.

Bakula comments, ``Obviously, I love the genre and am a long-time fan of Star Trek. I am also thrilled to be working on a TV series again with Kerry McCluggage and Garry Hart, a relationship that dates back to 1988 with 'Quantum Leap.'''

Under his newly extended deal with Paramount Network Television, Bakula, along with partner Tom Spiroff, will continue to develop projects that will encompass series, telefilms, features and specials.

``We couldn't be happier,'' says co-creator and executive producer Rick Berman, ``Scott personifies the charm and intelligence that the role calls for.''

The accomplished actor, who appeared in the 1999 Oscar-winning Best Picture ``American Beauty,'' recently concluded filming the New Line Cinema feature film ``Life As A House,'' directed and co-produced by Academy Award-winner Irwin Winkler.

Bakula is best known for his five-year stint on the innovative drama series ``Quantum Leap'' for which he earned a Golden Globe Award in addition to four consecutive Emmy Award nominations and three more Golden Globe Award nominations.

The Paramount Television Group is a part of the entertainment operations of Viacom Inc.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't really be bothered to go see any info on series V you know... I'm not really enthused. And just skimming over this thread I picked up a few key words... I gather that it's the same bland-as cast of characters that was reported a while back.

Well, I think 'Trek' for me will be Star Trek, Star Trek: TAS, Movies, TNG, DS9 and Voyager.

Couldn't be BOTHERED with this new series. I'm looking forward more to the new Babylon 5 stories...

------------------
Homer: I'm gonna miss Springfield. This town's been awfully good to us.
Bart: No, it hasn't, Dad. That's why we're leaving.
Homer: Oh, yeah. [pokes his head out the window] So long, Stinktown!

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? they got "Sam" to play the Captain?

Who's the first officer? "Al"?

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto. I'm not all that interested in this. And seriously, I may not even watch it! Though it won't entirely be my choice -- there isn't a UPN station near where I go to college, so my only option would be to have my family mail me tapes of the episodes every few weeks. I just might decide not to bother them with this show...

------------------
You know, you really should keep a personal log. Why bore others needlessly?
The Gigantic Collection of Star Trek Minutiae

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? Lily Sloane's machine-gun in ST:FC was a Steyr AUG assault rifle. They exist today. . .
http://www.bamf.org.uk/firearms/steyraug.htm

------------------
Phasers

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed.

This is very, very, sad. I don't watch Voyager anymore, I don't think I'll even watch the finale.

Now this crap. Let's hope that Law and Order runs for another 7 years.

------------------
"Intelligence People. You guys are unbelievable. You dump a mess like this (that you created) on my lap, and then you come to whining "Where is our funding"? Well I'll tell you where your funding is. Can you say Health-Care"
- The President of the United States of America, The Long Kiss Goodnight

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NBC is the biggest bunch of retards I know.

They keep renewing Law & Order, but CANCELLED Homicide: Life on the Street. How retarded do you GET?

Not that there's anything wrong with L&O ... nevermind that it's essentially variations on the same plot every week ... but Homicide was (and still is...) 100% better than the vast majority of network TV shows out there today ...

I will give Enterprise a chance. However, if it doesn't grab my imagination, I will quickly stop watching it ...

I realized I didn't like Voyager when I came to the realization that I hadn't watched an episode in over a year. I mean ... well, that's just bad when it comes to a Star Trek series ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NBC also dicked "Freaks and Geeks", which, IMNSHO was one of the best shows to come around in a while. It was awesome. And the killed it in favor of "21" which also died a quick death.

I really need to take over the world here pretty quick...

------------------
"The sons of the Prophet were valiant and bold,
And quite unacustomed to fear.
But, of all, the most reckless, or so I am told,
Was Abdulah Boul Boul Ameer."
Aban's Illustration www.alanfore.com

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you're at it, get CBS to bring back "Now & Again."

------------------
"I said 'You are, you are,
The only one who sees.'
I said, 'You are, you are'
The only strength I need.'"
---Kim Leaman, "Mary"

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it very funny that Berman et. al have been vehemently denying that any internet rumors are true, then go on to make a press release confirming both the name of the show and the lead actor, both of which have been old news on the internet.

I also find it funny that Ron Moore had stated from the get-go that TPTB were only running Star Trek into the ground to see how much money they can make off of it before it dies a horrible death, instead of waiting a few years and coming up with a better idea.

Although no official statement has been made that the show will be a prequel, hands up all of you who know it will be thanks to the "lying" internet...

------------------
Lisa: "OK, now we're gonna pick jobs out of the chore hat. Dad, you go first."
Homer: "Come on, bikini inspector...scrub toilet! Ohhhwww...OK, that was a practice..."

Shabren's Final Prophecy: Star Trek: Legacy

[This message has been edited by Dukhat (edited May 11, 2001).]

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yo (drat, drat, drat...)

------------------
Faster than light - no left or right.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps